British / European Aircraft

rkk01

3 minutes ago, rkk01 said:

European aircraft are badly under represented in DCS, especially as the RAF, FAA and European NATO allies have been actively engaged in all of the major post Cold War air campaigns...

I completely agree (at least for AI models)

We are well overdue on more European AI aircraft and helicopters (transport aircraft also). Luckily the Eurofighter is on the horizon to make a start on filling the gap. 

But I have all the confidence in ED's announced AI model overhaul and I'm sure that at some point they'll also expand the current list of AI models

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Apart from the Spitfire, Mossie, 109 & 190s, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Gazelle, C-101 and (if you squint) the Harrier?  The Typhoon and Mirage F1 are also on their way.  Probably others I've missed.

But, yes I agree a Tonka or Jag would be very welcome, and the AI units desperately need bolstering.

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

To clarify, my “post Cold War campaigns” was to reference a recent(ish) timeframe...

So Mirage, C101 and Viggen for fixed wing and the Gazelle.

Anyone’s guess when the Typhoon or Mirage F1 will arrive

19 hours ago, Mike_Romeo said:

I think the F-1 is 3Q2021. Also a English Electric Lightning is in development by Razbam and if you consider Russia as European, we will get also a MiG-23 by them.

which means we'll get it by the time we're referring to something else as a Sidewinder....