Shooting Down the Aggressor

bonesvf103

So I know it's a sim so we can shoot down a bandit in this campaign--as Bio said, it's fun to blow things up.

But here's my question:  If I shoot a guy with guns and he's damaged but doesn't go down and the voiceovers say it was a good kill and to knock it off--does the campaign mission count this as a success?  Because when I damage him and they call knock it off and I look at the stats it says 1/2 planes destroyed instead of 2/2.  So I get afraid that if if I RTB and end the mission it will not count as a successful mission even though the voiceover said it was a kill.

So I end up ignoring the knock it off and finishing the bandit off.  Sometimes this comes as a cost in fuel to me.

So does anyone know if I did follow their knock it off and let him limp home, will it be a successful mission?

Thanks.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

It's always success if you land and park at Nellis in one piece. There are tankers if you're low on fuel but it's not that far to the base.

You're supposed to respect knock off order but I see you really like to blow stuff up 🙂

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 2 weeks later...

OK, good to know, thanks!  Takes the edge off

HAHA Draconus, guilty as charged.

Thanks!

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot