AGM65E and Jtac laser

baksie

Can you fire E-mav's without TGP but with laser marked by ground JTAC?

If so how please.

Intel I7-10700K, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVMe, MSI Z490 ACE, RAM:64GB DDR4 3600, WIN 10-64, 1080Ti😩

Waiting on a good RTX

AH-64D|AV-88|A10CII|F15E|F16CM|FA18C|F14B|NV|PG|Syria|Synia

The Viper can't carry the AGM-65E, that's a Navy version. 

Are you wondering about the Hornet? If so, make sure the code is right, bring up the Mav page on a DDI, point it in the right direction and hit Uncage to track. 

sorry I meant any maverick in F16. ?Jtac marks target and F16 needs to pick it up. I can do it with GBU12/10 but not with mavericks. what am I missing? I know how it works in FA18.

Intel I7-10700K, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVMe, MSI Z490 ACE, RAM:64GB DDR4 3600, WIN 10-64, 1080Ti😩

Waiting on a good RTX

AH-64D|AV-88|A10CII|F15E|F16CM|FA18C|F14B|NV|PG|Syria|Synia

There are no laser Mavericks available for the F-16. The F-16 does not have a laser spot tracker except when equipped with a TGP. When equipped with a TGP the following procedure allows converting a JTAC laser mark into a Maverick attack:

• Default air start configuration
  • AG master mode
  • Right OSB 2 twice 'PRE'
  • TGP right MFD
  • Right OSB 2 'AUTO'
  • Right OSB 3 'NARO'
  • DMS down TGP SOI
  • WPN left MFD
  • Left OSB 3 'FOV' narrow FOV

Contact JTAC and command laser on

• Uncage press for LSS
  • Wait for laser spot track
  • Uncage press to discontinue LSS
  • Slew TGP minimum amount to update SPI position
  • Maneuver until handoff possible
  • TMS forward to command handoff
  • Weapon release button to fire

Demo track included

F16 A65D from JTAC laser.trk

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Frederf said:

Contact JTAC and command laser on

• Uncage press for LSS
  • Wait for laser spot track
  • Uncage press to discontinue LSS
  • Slew TGP minimum amount to update SPI position

In the past when delivering GBU-12s using a buddy lase, I did not need to press uncage a second time to exit LSS, nor min-slew the TGP to update SPI.  Once the TGP found the laser spot, it automatically exited LSS and updated SPI (I think it went straight to Point Track).  Has that changed? 

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

I guess so. In the above example the word "LSS" is boxed on uncage press, the word "INR" appears at the bottom, and only after uncage is pressed again is "LSS" unboxed and "INR" replaced with "AREA". Pressing TMS right or forward during LSS results in an instant of "AREA" or "POINT" very briefly displayed which is immediately overridden back into INR. Slewing is not possible. TMS aft results in "INR" removed from display and SPI is set back at steer (observed by WPN LOS shift) but otherwise everything is the same. Any TMS right/forward after "INR" removal briefly does AREA/POINT and then  back to INR. I also note that LSS is non functional in NAV master mode.

The "jiggle" to update TGP SPI is evident in my example mission. This jiggle was needed after exiting LSS in all cases.

LSS when active was following laser changes continuously as shown by TGP moving instantly to next laser spot by JTAC as target is destroyed.