Help needed for setting up the Warthog Throttle for Huey

Eugel

Hi.

I´m still quite new to the Huey.

Can someone give me some tips how to set up the Warthog throttle for use with the Huey ?
I use the left throttle as actual throttle and the right throttle as collective, which works quite well for me. But I´m totally lost on how to set up the other switches. Like which ones are useful ? What is used frequently during flight ?

I wanted to use the upper override switches for use as "force trim" on/off and "hydraulics control" on/off and the APU switch for the fuel pump. But they only work when pushed up. It seems like the Huey doesn´t see them as a 2-way switch. Is this something that can only be changed via TARGET software ? 
I only flew the A-10 before and everything there works out of the box, so I never even installed TARGET...

I play exlusively in VR, so I want to put as much as possible on the HOTAS...

Any tips are welcome

Edited by Eugel

Have a read of Chuck's Guide for the Huey. He goes over the main functions you should have mapped to your HOTAS for easy access, among numerous other things.

But to be honest, the Huey is so simple and old-school that I can map literally every control I will ever need (and some I don't) to my Thrustmaster HOTAS X + G27 H shifter box. And that's without even using a modifier button. You should have no issues at all with a Warthog.

• Thanks 1

Hi.
Can someone give me some tips how to set up the Warthog throttle for use with the Huey ?
I use the left throttle as actual throttle and the right throttle as collective, which works quite well for me. But I´m totally lost on how to set up the other switches. Like which ones are useful ? What is used frequently during flight ?

I wanted to use the upper override switches for use as "force trim" on/off and "hydraulics control" on/off and the APU switch for the fuel pump. But they only work when pushed up. It seems like the Huey doesn´t see them as a 2-way switch. Is this something that can only be changed via TARGET software ? 
I only flew the A-10 before and everything there works out of the box, so I never even installed TARGET...

Any tips are welcome
I don't think you'll need T.A.R.G.E.T.
But you'll have to browse the forums to find out how to fix the toggle switches, and then mess with Lua files.
Look up@LeCuvier. He has written a guide (found and read it yesterday). He and others have also posted working examples for various modules in different threads.
Like the post above, I agree, the Huey doesn't need to map a lot to your HOTAS, the clickable cockpit works fine. Tuning radios and other rotaries is the only ones a miss.
Hope this helps!
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Frankly most of the switches are used so infrequently that it's easier just to click 'em with the mouse or VR pointer. Even the throttle can be ignored aside from start-up and shut-down. If you can map inputs for the cyclic and collective switches, weapons selectors, flares, and gunsights, you're 90% of the way there.

• Like 1

I have VR zoom, Cargo Sling loading. Hookup and Disconnect, Open Close Side Doors. Open close all doors. Auto start up, Shut down. (Why Not I got the Room) MY gun sight and lamp, Auto pilot. Throttle assigned to a Rotary Switch so I don't bump into it. On my X56 Throttle I could put Anti Col. Lights on it but I like clicking them inside the Pit.

On 4/28/2021 at 7:47 PM, Eugel said:

Hi.

Any tips are welcome

check this out