DCS freeze when joining RIO

ustio

If it is of any help, this (freezing on second mission load) was happening to me fairly frequently, and at BIGNEWY's suggestion, I renamed my 'Saved Game' DCs folder, allowed it to create a new one and copied in my missions and scripts directories and the problem hasn't reoccurred - not saying its fixed, but in a few days, it hasn't happened again.

Edited by Kula66

5 hours ago, Kula66 said:

If it is of any help, this (freezing on second mission load) was happening to me fairly frequently, and at BIGNEWY's suggestion, I renamed my 'Saved Game' DCs folder, allowed it to create a new one and copied in my missions and scripts directories and the problem hasn't reoccurred - not saying its fixed, but in a few days, it hasn't happened again.

I tried this, as well but unfortunately for me it didn't work, the freezing persists. 

6 hours ago, Kula66 said:

Didn't last 8 mission changes/restarts with me 😕

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

So, anyone from HB is able to reproduce this issue?

Night Flier

_________________________________________________________________________________________

i7 9700K, MSI RTX 2080, 32GB RAM (3200 MHz), SSD m.2 1TB, Monitor 32'' WQHD 2560x1440, Windows 10 Pro

On 5/27/2021 at 11:41 AM, Cobra847 said:

FWIW I spent the morning speaking with a rendering engineer at ED to try and help solve this issue- it is being actively worked on. 🙂 

EDIT: Another freeze has occurred since the message below was posted. Log is attached.

It looks like I was premature in saying this problem was fixed as I'm getting freezes again. I'll be attaching additional logs to this post each time I get a freeze so you guys are able to analyze the problem and see what's going on. Thank you for working diligently to address this issue in a timely manner. 

dcs 6-7-21.log

dcs 6-16-21.log

Edited by Fropa
New log attached

Thanks for checking the Tomcat freeze for us it my favorite mod for sure. I just came home from work and jumped in the a single mission practice session I was able to get 2 in and then it froze and had to wait about 3 mins to close program. Last weekend when it would freeze I would go straight into task Manger and end program. Not so much in a bfm server but it does happen in there also. 
Im sure the team will the cause.

Thanks for the hard work and fantastic Jet! Love the hell out of that Tomcat ! 

• Like 1

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

On 6/6/2021 at 8:24 PM, captain_dalan said:

Didn't last 8 mission changes/restarts with me 😕

Yes, mine froze again last night 😞

UPDATE: Just so it may help anyone, in MP, selected the 14, clicked FLY and it said WAITING ... although apparently, I was spawned on the pad!

Edited by Kula66

😞

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

+1,same here.We need a hot fix!

• GamingPC: Ryzen 5950X  + 64G RAM + Nvidia 4090 + 1T Dedicated SSD For DCS 
  • HOTAS: WingWin F15EX Throttle + VKB Gunfighter Mk.III Joystick + SN2 Rudder + TrackIR Pro
  • HomeServer: Dell R7515 (EPYC 7402 + 1 T RAM + 48T SSD Raid10 + Nvidia A40
  • Network: Google Fiber 2G

On 5/27/2021 at 10:41 PM, Cobra847 said:

FWIW I spent the morning speaking with a rendering engineer at ED to try and help solve this issue- it is being actively worked on. 🙂 

Hello cobra. Can you clarify if this is still an ED issues instead of the F-14 itselfs?

they said on this forum 

that is a different issues

cheers🙂

Edited by ustio

On 5/24/2021 at 7:32 AM, captain_dalan said:

Redirected from the 2nd mission load bug thread to here. DCS crashes when running a 2nd mission in a row, restarting a mission, or switching maps, but for me only in the F-14. Tried removing mods, repairs, folder purges. The only thing that helps is setting the windows compatibility mode to win 7 or 8. This removes all crashes completely. The crash is a complete DCS freeze on mission load screen that can only be exited by terminating the process in task manager.

Good news,its working.Bad news,in win8 mode,my game only 30fps.Without win8,100fps+

• GamingPC: Ryzen 5950X  + 64G RAM + Nvidia 4090 + 1T Dedicated SSD For DCS 
  • HOTAS: WingWin F15EX Throttle + VKB Gunfighter Mk.III Joystick + SN2 Rudder + TrackIR Pro
  • HomeServer: Dell R7515 (EPYC 7402 + 1 T RAM + 48T SSD Raid10 + Nvidia A40
  • Network: Google Fiber 2G

Hopefully the fix will be in the next patch. Somethings off balanced because the last patch fixed the crash issue so it might be a coding issue on their part. Love the Tomcat but hate the freeze.

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

Possible routing issue, it just loses connection somewhere somehow. I can fly 5 different jet in the same mission all day but as soon as I choose the TomCat it loads and then freezes.

• Like 1

Start Date April 2020 

On 6/13/2021 at 3:14 PM, zhouyut001 said:

Good news,its working.Bad news,in win8 mode,my game only 30fps.Without win8,100fps+

Not that good of  news then 😞

May as well post my issue here, as I'm getting full DCS crash when joining a Tomcat slot in Bankler's training mission. It sadly now causes my DCS to crash 100% of the time whenever I choose another slot for the Tomcat to respawn in the air. It's done it 5 times in a row now. Note that I have been away from DCS for a few months, so am running a clean install, latest beta, with Voice Attack, SimShaker and DCS UFC script plug ins.  I've never had this problem before, and have logged many, many hours using this mission. I haven't tried any multiplayer yet, but other DCS missions seem to run fine - but they don't require me to change slot. It's only when I use the slot-change feature that it's causing my DCS to just hang. So badly in fact, that I have to hard reboot my PC.

dcs.20210428-112320.crash

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

On 6/7/2021 at 7:35 PM, Fropa said:

EDIT: Another freeze has occurred since the message below was posted. Log is attached.

It looks like I was premature in saying this problem was fixed as I'm getting freezes again. I'll be attaching additional logs to this post each time I get a freeze so you guys are able to analyze the problem and see what's going on. Thank you for working diligently to address this issue in a timely manner. 

dcs 6-7-21.log 119.1 kB · 6 downloads

dcs 6-16-21.log 70.16 kB · 0 downloads

This is still happening despite an extensive changelog for the F-14 in today's patch. It would be nice if a member of the Heatblur team would comment to let us know that this issue is still getting the attention it deserves. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

IronMike from HeatBlur said it was a E D issue on their side so patiently waiting.

ED is aware (so have we been), and has been working on a fix (and thought to have fixed it for the last patch) since before last patch. You will not see a changelog entry in our changelog for this if it gets fixed, because it is on DCS side, not ours. Why it concerns only the Tomcat (it concerned also other modules before ED's first fix), we do not know, but 100% is not on our side. Our apologies that it is still occurring, we hoped it would be gone with the last patch. "

Edited by Burt
  • Thanks 1

Start Date April 2020