HTC Vive pro issue after 2.7 update

jadaz

• 2 weeks later...

I’ll dig out my Vive Pro from the basement and do some testing.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

OK I did some testing with my Vive Pro, including campaign Rising Squall 1st mission.  No issue with my headset.  Actually I found the OLED screen to be really really nice after using LCD VR screen for all this time, much more vibrant and brighter than the Index screen (which is already better than Quest 2 screen) and really excellent in dark scenes such as night flying. 

The clarity in the center is mostly on par with the Index after Reshade sharpness setting but the peripheral areas are not as sharp (reduced sweet spot).  The headset is more comfortable to me than the Index (less front heavy), the audio on the other hand is very thin and sort of meh but I have Sennheiser 660s and Hifiman Ananda for this.  I might be using this headset more with DCS now, since it really shines with Reshade.  If the HTC Vive Pro 2 has OLED screen again, then I'm definitely in.

What is your VR settings?

Edited by Supmua
  • Thanks 1

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2021 at 1:35 AM, Supmua said:

OK I did some testing with my Vive Pro, including campaign Rising Squall 1st mission.  No issue with my headset.  Actually I found the OLED screen to be really really nice after using LCD VR screen for all this time, much more vibrant and brighter than the Index screen (which is already better than Quest 2 screen) and really excellent in dark scenes such as night flying. 

The clarity in the center is mostly on par with the Index after Reshade sharpness setting but the peripheral areas are not as sharp (reduced sweet spot).  The headset is more comfortable to me than the Index (less front heavy), the audio on the other hand is very thin and sort of meh but I have Sennheiser 660s and Hifiman Ananda for this.  I might be using this headset more with DCS now, since it really shines with Reshade.  If the HTC Vive Pro 2 has OLED screen again, then I'm definitely in.

What is your VR settings?

Helo Supmua, I am not sure it has to do with my VR setting but we can give it a try:

DCS VR settings.jpg

22 minutes ago, jadaz said:

Anyone having such an issue besides me?

Not me.  Why is your surrounding area black?  Mine is blue.  Any mods?  I'd say try reinstalling all VR software including SteamVR.  Also cleanup and repair DCS.  Delete fxo and metashaders2.

If that doesn't work, also try force increasing IPD distance in DCS

Screenshot 2021-05-24 174920.jpg

Edited by Taz1004

I can’t reproduce the problem.  It looks to be some sort of geometric wrapping issue which is probably software rather than the screen itself. My suggestion is to reinstall your software (SteamVR, GPU driver, etc.), and leave everything at default settings for now.  Have you done any hardware or software hack/mod to the headset in the past?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your efforts guys, I have deleted both FXO and metashaders2, to no avail, the gpu driver is constantly being updated as well as SteamVR, the problem only occurs when I start a mission, i.e. as soon as the "FLY" button appears, before that and after the flight there is nothing wrong, by the way my mask is still black, even if I play with its size or remove it completely, the black triangle persists ... 😢 don't know what to do anymore

Did you mod your lens with any customized geometric correction settings?