Aerodrome Data and Frequencies - Updated 05 May 2021

51Lu2a2.jpg

The Aerodrome Data and Frequencies is a collection of kneeboards with the most often used data on every aerodrome that exists in DCS: navaids, tower frequencies, magnetic runway headings, GPS coordinates, elevation and so on.

I started this project more than a year ago, and it's been actively maintained ever since. But because it's no longer possible to track updates in the User Files section, I decided to create this topic so you can subscribe to it. Feedback is also much easier this way.

This post will be updated with changelogs and announcements.

Aerodrome Data and Frequencies >> Download from User Files
PsdaDik.jpg

CHANGELOG

05 May 2021
- Caucasus: runways at Gelendzhik and Novorossiysk marked as short.

30 April 2021
- All kneeboards are now sporting the new design, with all data verified for compliance with the 2.7 patch.
- Nevada: the table and Lite map merged together, Lite map discontinued.
- New file names: it's recommended to remove the old kneeboards before updating.
- PDF version added.

23 April 2021
- This update is focused on Syria and The Channel maps that got updated in the 2.7 patch. 
- Syria: kneeboard reworked from scratch and split into two pages for better readability, and in preparation for the Cyprus expansion.
- Syria: added seven new airfields (Gaziantep, H4, Rosh Pina, Sayqal, Shayrat, Tha'lah, and Tiyas) and Naqoura heliport.
- Syria: changed nearly all ATC frequencies (mainly in UHF, HF, and FM ranges), fixed elevation data and several NDB beacons.
- The Channel: kneeboard completely redesigned for better readability.
- The Channel: added three new airfields (Biggin Hill, Eastchurch, and Headcorn).
- The Channel: completely new layout at Merville Calonne and Saint Omer airfields.
- The Channel: new ATC frequencies for all airfields, minor elevation changes.
- The Channel: all headings updated according to the new magvar data.
- Normandy: all headings updated according to the new magvar data.
- Persian Gulf: Al Ain coordinates fixed (thanks, mobua!)

This collection of kneeboard tables includes every radio frequency and each TACAN, VOR, NDB, ILS, RSBN, and PRMG beacon for all airfields in DCS, complete with GPS coordinates, elevation, precalculated magnetic heading for every runway, and more. The tables are available for every DCS map: Syria, Persian Gulf, Caucasus, Nevada, The Channel, and Normandy. In addition to that, certain tables have the "Lite" version, with the most essential info placed over the actual map.

All headings you see in these kneeboards are magnetic. I precalculated them to save you the hassle of remembering the magnetic declination for different maps and years, and doing unnecessary math instead of flying. There is a note at the top of each kneeboard, telling you the years in which you can use the provided magnetic headings. If somehow you're flying outside of that period, another note at the bottom will help you to quickly adjust the provided headings for any given year. And if you need to, for example, use the ruler on the F10 map, the magnetic declination is also provided: see the "TRUE to MAG" note at the top of each page.

Таблица и карта для Кавказа также доступны на русском языке.

=======================================================

PDF version

The full set of maps is available as a single iPad-optimized PDF file.

These links are permanent and always lead to the latest version, so you can bookmark them:

Day variant - http://www.minsky.ru/dimon/files/Aerodrome_Data_and_Frequencies_Day_by_DimOn_latest.pdf
Night variant - http://www.minsky.ru/dimon/files/Aerodrome_Data_and_Frequencies_Night_by_DimOn_latest.pdf

Edited by Minsky
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

- Dmitriy

Yup great addition, not since Gospadin's airfield data has a set of data tables been created that's so useful, compressing all the data into a very neat table and covering all the maps

They are a permanent addition to my kneeboard for all modules

Thank you so much @Minsky

• Thanks 1
  • Minsky changed the title to Aerodrome Data and Frequencies - Updated 30 April 2021

Hey guys!

The new version is up. First post updated.

30 April 2021

- All kneeboards are now sporting the new design, with all data verified for compliance with the 2.7 patch.
- Nevada: the table and Lite map merged together, Lite map discontinued.
- New file names: it's recommended to remove the old kneeboards before updating.
- PDF version added.

• Thanks 3

- Dmitriy

@Minsky

Loving the updates, great work as always

Can I ask what changes were made in 2.7 if you have the info to hand.

It may also be useful if these were also made available as PNGs and/or JPGs for inserting into the kneeboard.

I realise that's not there intended function and it's a lot of data in the kneeboard, but I could read the last version fine and it's really useful to have all that data on the one sheet

Thanks Again

2 hours ago, Weegie said:

Loving the updates, great work as always

Can I ask what changes were made in 2.7 if you have the info to hand.

Thank you!

I'm not writing down every change, but here's what I can recall for the 2.7.

Syria:

- New airfields: Gaziantep, H4, Rosh Pina, Sayqal, Shayrat, Tha'lah, and Tiyas.

- New heliport: Naqoura.

- Fixed four NDB beacons: ADN at Adana Sakirpasa, BOD at Beirut Rafic Hariri, DAL at Damascus, LTK at Bassel Al-Assad. There are no broken navaids on this map anymore.

- Nearly all ATC frequencies in UHF, HF and FM ranges have changed. And at least two in VHF range: at Incirlik and Rene Mouawad.

The Channel:

- Three new airfields: Biggin Hill, Eastchurch, and Headcorn. Not sure why they're advertising High Halden as "new": it was there since the beginning. Maybe they added a few buildings there or something...

- Merville Calonne and Saint Omer have been completely reworked (new layout).

- Most (if not all) ATC frequencies have changed across all bands.

- Minor changes to magnetic headings of all runways (1-2 degrees)

Normandy:

- Significant changes to magnetic headings of all runways (4-6 degrees)

Persian Gulf, Caucasus, Nevada:

- Zero changes.

• Thanks 2

- Dmitriy

Thank You @Minsky

Looks like I'll be needing a thorough revision of my Voice Attack Profiles

I see you've removed the table from Nevada and just have it as a  "Lite" map now.

I'm still using your previous revision table as I particualarly like the tabular table format

Glad your still keeping them updated it's a lot of work and time to do

It's much appreciated by me and no doubt a whole lot of others in the community

Excellent work @Minsky - as always! 💪

• Thanks 1

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, UH-1H, CA, SC

[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Syria

[PC] Z270F, i7-7700K, 64 GB DDR4-2666, RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB GDDR6, SSD 970 EVO Plus 1 TB (M.2), 2 x SSD 850 EVO 500 GB (SATA3), 2 TB HDD, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro

[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, Ka-50, UH-1H

• Minsky changed the title to Aerodrome Data and Frequencies - Updated 05 May 2021