TWS auto antenna tilts below the targets

Rmnsvn

When I’m in tws auto and I’m scanning for targets, I put antenna elevation to correct value to see the particular bandit. Then I press NWS button and get L&S for him. 
Right at this moment TWS auto would tilt antenna well below the bandit and consequently loose the lock. 
This happens consistently when I’m trying to lock someone up who’s below me. For coaltitude targets seems fine. Tried only in SP and in MP.
The altitude range shown by the tdc would go negative the moment L&S is acquired.

If you slew antenna back up while tracks are not yet deleted, TWS keeps them in the center of a scan without issues.
Track attached.

TWS Auto problem AZEL page.trk

Edited by Rmnsvn
Problem clarification, added track file
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Rmnsvn said:

Does anyone experience anything similar?

When I’m in tws auto and I’m scanning for targets, I put antenna elevation to correct value to see the particular bandit. Then I press NWS button and get L&S for him. 
Right at this moment TWS auto would tilt antenna well below the bandit and consequently loose the lock. 
This happens consistently when I’m trying to lock someone up who’s below me. For coaltitude targets seems fine. Tried only in MP. 
The altitude range shown by the tdc would go negative the moment L&S is acquired.
Thanks for your replies in advance guys.

Yep, I noticed this right after the first 2.7 update. Also in a look down situation. TWS was in auto but the bandit was touching the upper edge of the elevation box on AZ/EL. I had to switch to MAN and bring the EL up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gripes323 said:

Yep, I noticed this right after the first 2.7 update. Also in a look down situation. TWS was in auto but the bandit was touching the upper edge of the elevation box on AZ/EL. I had to switch to MAN and bring the EL up.

I usually have no time pressing man button, contacts disappear before I manage to do that. 
I wonder if selecting contact refresh rate (default 4) to 16 will remedy the situation and tws will have time to sort itself out. 

• Rmnsvn changed the title to TWS auto antenna tilts below the targets

Elevation will go below or above the track if you use undesignate to L&S and you can still use elevation axis to force away from your track. If you press MAN and then AUTO the elevation will now be centered and you no longer have elevation control.

It seems the the system doesn't remove the elevation bias that you put in to find the target, but rather adds it on top of the calculated bias needed from horizon.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

4 hours ago, Svend_Dellepude said:

Elevation will go below or above the track if you use undesignate to L&S and you can still use elevation axis to force away from your track. If you press MAN and then AUTO the elevation will now be centered and you no longer have elevation control.

It seems the the system doesn't remove the elevation bias that you put in to find the target, but rather adds it on top of the calculated bias needed from horizon.

I guess it shouldn't be letting you have any control over the elevation when there's L&S which is not the case now

Not sure about that, but you certainly shouldn't be able to slew the radar completely away from your designated target.

In this track i only used the AZ/EL page to control elevation and scanbox centered on L&S when using NWS/undesignate.

TWS elevation.trk

Edited by Svend_Dellepude

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

14 hours ago, NWGJulian said:

happened a dozen times today, can confirm. pretty annoying

It happens when you use the radar elevation. Cycle the AUTO/MAN and the box centers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I noticed something a bit the same with the caret moving down ever so slowlly and was wondering if it was not my analogue antenna  axis that was playing games with me... 

I could have try to check the curve or sensitivity in the axis but in the meanrime, I switched hotas and I didnt noticed the issue so far... 

Dunno if that might be linked to what you guys see... 

Edited by VIXEN413

Rig: MB Gigabite z390UD, CPU Intel I7 8700k, RAM 32G DDR4 3200 Gskill ripjaws, GPU MSI RTX2080SuperOC, HDD Crucial mx500 1tb M2 sata, PSU Corsair 850W, watercooling Corsair h100,

Controlers TM f/a 18 stick on Virpil warbrd base, TM cougar f16 stick on cougar base, Cougar F16 throttle on TUSBA, ch pedals, TM cougar MFD

27" monitor with trk IR 5 and HP Reverb HMD.

Modules F18, F16, F86, Mig15, FW 190D9, Nellis range map, Aggr campaign, Middle East map

4 hours ago, VIXEN413 said:

I noticed something a bit the same with the caret moving down ever so slowlly and was wondering if it was not my analogue antenna  axis that was playing games with me... 

I could have try to check the curve or sensitivity in the axis but in the meanrime, I switched hotas and I didnt noticed the issue so far... 

Dunno if that might be linked to what you guys see... 

It isn't. It's not creeping, just offset as soon as you designate a track.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

vor 18 Stunden schrieb Svend_Dellepude:

It happens when you use the radar elevation. Cycle the AUTO/MAN and the box centers.

i dont know what you mean. as soon as i press auto on a designated target, the radar elev goes down and i loose the lock. 

3 hours ago, NWGJulian said:

i dont know what you mean. as soon as i press auto on a designated target, the radar elev goes down and i loose the lock. 

If you cycle the AUTO/MAN OSB on the DDI the radar centers on the target, but if you use the HOTAS undesignate the radar will be offset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Sorry for the delay, I was checking with the team. 

This is already reported internally and will be fixed in a future patch

thank you

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2