Install DCS, SteamVR and WMR on same drive, or different ones?

This might be a stupid question, but, assuming I have one M.2 with w10 and an empty SSD, both 1TB, how would you recommend install DCS, Steam and WMR (Hp g2)?

1.- DCS on the main drive, m.2, and the rest on the SSD
2.- Everything on the m.2
3.- Join both disks on a raid (they have different performance so I guess this is no good option

Iirc, all DCS install with the modules I own needed about 400-500GB total disk space, so the disk wouldn't reach the limit where efficiency decreases even if I install everything together

Thanks for any input!

Enviado desde mi POCOPHONE F1 mediante Tapatalk

It will make no practical measurable difference.

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.1 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 3090 XC3, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb G2 @ 2836 x 2768
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView

VR Stuff:   My Settings for 3090 and G2  My Settings for 1080ti  Shaders MOD for VR  My variant of Kegetys mod with clear water and also IC PASS for current beta & stable, Patch Status

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

21 hours ago, Darcaem said:

This might be a stupid question, but, assuming I have one M.2 with w10 and an empty SSD, both 1TB, how would you recommend install DCS, Steam and WMR (Hp g2)?

1.- DCS on the main drive, m.2, and the rest on the SSD
2.- Everything on the m.2
3.- Join both disks on a raid (they have different performance so I guess this is no good option

Iirc, all DCS install with the modules I own needed about 400-500GB total disk space, so the disk wouldn't reach the limit where efficiency decreases even if I install everything together

Thanks for any input!

Enviado desde mi POCOPHONE F1 mediante Tapatalk

Have DCS on a separate drive no need for it to be on your system drive.

What speed is the M2??

If it's a PCI-E V4 drive and on supporting hardware it could make a significant difference...

Win-10 x64

Nvidia RTX2080 (HP Reverb)

Asus Prime X570P

AMD 3800x

32GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals

Using VJoy and UCR to remap Throttle and Clutch into Rudder axis

I have WMR and Steam VR on my C drive, and DCS on my D drive.

Both are 1tb m.2 Nvme drives.

Don B

My VKB Gunfighter MK III Pro L Review

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.2 GHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Samsung 970 Pro, 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme |VKB GF MK III Pro L Ultimate Grip| Virpil CM3 Throttle |Reverb G2 |