Looking for Have Quick sound clips

Hoggorm

Hello,

In a mission I'm building I was looking for Have Quick (encryption) sound effects while pushing messages on screen and was wondering if I can download such files somewhere? They do not have to be very long. A sec or two is should be enough.

Thank you

SRS also has a HAVEQUICK effect implemented, it's a popping noise

Look in the audio effects folder in SRS

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

7 hours ago, Chain_1 said:

Have quick is not encrypted, it's frequency hopping.  If everyone is on the same timing, it's just like normal radios.  For the secure voice beep, SRS comes with that effect, so there's probably a good sound file in its folder.

You are absolutely correct, I'm sorry. It is indeed a frequency hopping system and not encryption.

Although the audio is about the same I believe one can hear the system in operation by it's small "quirks and clicks"? I've uploaded a file below that if I am correct is the Have Quick in operation (less the breathing of the pilot) when no one is talking.

8 hours ago, Maduce said:

I downloaded one that is a Morris Code sound and another for that exact reason. Included below (I hope).

Anyway hope this will work for you.  

1402.wav 421.98 kB · 8 downloads Various-04.wav 5.31 kB · 5 downloads

Thank you for your suggestion! This was not exactly what I was after. I'm looking for the sound you can hear in this audio clip that I've included below.

53 minutes ago, Ciribob said:

SRS also has a HAVEQUICK effect implemented, it's a popping noise

Look in the audio effects folder in SRS

Thank you Cribob. The HAVEQUICK_TONE.wav in the Audio Effects folder does not sound exactly as the sound I uploaded above. Can the file I uploaded be of something else?

Thank you Cribob. The HAVEQUICK_TONE.wav in the Audio Effects folder does not sound exactly as the sound I uploaded above. Can the file I uploaded be of something else?
It's a lot of different things in your one, pilot breathing etc

For SRS I layer all these up, so you'd need the UHF background noise with the HAVEQUICK effect

There are also tones when you're setting up HAVEQUICK but that's not implemented at all in dcs so not in SRS either

In the SRS audio directory is a link to the sources which has a good collection of tones from radios

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

13 hours ago, Hoggorm said:

Although the audio is about the same I believe one can hear the system in operation by it's small "quirks and clicks"? I've uploaded a file below that if I am correct is the Have Quick in operation (less the breathing of the pilot) when no one is talking.

Not sure where the clicks in your clip are coming from because he's not transmitting, but you are correct that you can hear a skipping/clipping sound with Have Quick.  That comes from the timing of the different radios being not exactly the same.  My source is that I've been using Have Quick for about ten years now.

13 hours ago, Ciribob said:

It's a lot of different things in your one, pilot breathing etc

For SRS I layer all these up, so you'd need the UHF background noise with the HAVEQUICK effect

There are also tones when you're setting up HAVEQUICK but that's not implemented at all in dcs so not in SRS either

In the SRS audio directory is a link to the sources which has a good collection of tones from radios

I understand. I mixed in the UHF background noise to the HAVEQUICK effect. It sounded better of course, but the clicks in your file seem deeper in pitch than the click in the clip I linked to.

14 minutes ago, Chain_1 said:

Not sure where the clicks in your clip are coming from because he's not transmitting, but you are correct that you can hear a skipping/clipping sound with Have Quick.  That comes from the timing of the different radios being not exactly the same.  My source is that I've been using Have Quick for about ten years now.

This is taken from a formation flight so it could be a hot mic, even though he is not talking. It could also be interference on some of the frequencies the HAVEQUICK system listen to in a fraction of a sec?

It does sound like some kind of interference, but it's probably not from Have Quick, just something on his interphone.  I believe fighter guys keep their mics hot for HUD tape recordings, but he probably wouldn't be transmitting constantly, though I'd have to see the video.  You only really hear any clicks/skips when your radio is receiving, transmitting you hear yourself normally.  Said clicks would also be rhythmic and constant due to the slight timing desync between the radios.

16 hours ago, Hoggorm said:

You are absolutely correct, I'm sorry. It is indeed a frequency hopping system and not encryption.

Thank you for your suggestion! This was not exactly what I was after. I'm looking for the sound you can hear in this audio clip that I've included below.

No problem. I see now what you are looking for.

10 hours ago, Chain_1 said:

It does sound like some kind of interference, but it's probably not from Have Quick, just something on his interphone.  I believe fighter guys keep their mics hot for HUD tape recordings, but he probably wouldn't be transmitting constantly, though I'd have to see the video.  You only really hear any clicks/skips when your radio is receiving, transmitting you hear yourself normally.  Said clicks would also be rhythmic and constant due to the slight timing desync between the radios.

I see. Since you mentioned you've used the system for a number of years, I'm sure you are correct! I'm just making assumptions 🙂 And I was under the impression that those clicks and pops were the HAVEQUICK system in action.

• Like 1