VRfree® gloves for DCS Open World beta 2.7 and beyond

Sensoryx is a small Swiss startup focused on precise and mobile 3D tracking specifically for virtual and augmented reality applications, but not only. Flight simulation and particularly functionality within DCS have been a key focus use case for us from when we started out back in 2017. As is the case with most new hardware solutions, it took us some time to advance to system to a series-ready state >and< ensure simulation support - in this case from Eagle Dynamics.

With today's 2nd generation VRfree® glove system users can operate pretty much all switches, buttons, rotary knobs and levers in the cockpit with their hands. The plugin as of today works via SteamVR/OpenVR, but ED is working on native support for Oculus headsets as well. We currently render the sim to our Oculus sets via SteamVR using the DCS Updater GUI utility by Skatezilla. 
Here is a recent video: 

We are committed to support DCS users and provide the best experience possible in flight. There are some who have doubted that our demo videos - all of which you can still access on our channel - are genuine even though we clearly show the desktop captured scene alongside the real scene - with the rendered scene on the monitor in the background. To anyone still in doubt: call us and we will do a live video session and demonstrate how you can use the system in-game.

Over the coming weeks and months we will compile additional videos in other planes and helicopters and we'll document the progress of the integration. We will also add haptic feedback in our next generation of gloves - in the same form factor. There is still much to achieve and improve from here. Stay tuned.        

• Like 4

It's great to see products like this reaching our hobby. 

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3 TM MFDs | Realteus ForceFeel | 2x bass shakers

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - NTTR - PG - Mi8 - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II

One of my greatest concern about VR is human-machine interaction (using the mouse to control things in cockpit in VR is a HUGE immersion breaker for me).

This tech is a promise to remove the need to use the mouse in the future days of VR (although it seems a little bit "in its early days" judging by the video 😉 ) .

Keep up the good work!

Interesting tech, but $1100cdn isn't practical. 

• Like 2

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

3700x - 32gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 10

Very cool!  thanks for the post.  I'll be following for further updates.

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra, i7-9700k (4.9ghz all cores), NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL-14 3200mhz RAM, RTX3090FE, Soundblaster Z, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 2x 512GB Samsung NVMe, 1x 1TB Samsung NVMe, 2TB Samsung SSD, Win 10 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, JetSeat KW-908, Reverb G2, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Case, EVGA 850 P2 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2 , K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Interesting but too pricey considering and HMD of 350€ offers a hand recognition that works pretty well, we only need support it by DCS

i7 9700K | Corsair Pro Vengeance 32Gb 3200@3600 Mhz / Aorus Z390 Pro / MSI GTX 1080Ti / ROG Shift PG27V / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / Thrustmaster MFD / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / Track IR 5

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P51D Mustang | A10C Warthog | A10C II Tank Killer F/A18C Hornet | F14B Tomcat | F16C Viper | SuperCarrier