Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

- Mk-82 AIR was added. Since French Air Force didn't use Snakeye, it's closer to what was in use.

- You have guidance to get on the attack run at the correct height and pitch (= low and level).

- use of RD to arrive on the correct course on the target.

- you have cues in the HUD to tell you if you missed some setting on PPA.

- on the bomb fall line you can visualize the first impact point and the last impact point of the salvo.

 

So yeah, probably more work than you thought 😇


Edited by jojo
  • Like 4

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X/ RAM 32 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Saitek X-55 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Rift S

M-2000C X-55 VR profile / M-2000C custom SERVAL symbols assignation

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jojo said:

You have guidance to get on the attack run at the correct height and pitch

But I thought HD bomb delivery was done in a 30 degree dive, nearly unloading the jet to keep the pipper on target, and then pulling out of the dive at only a couple hundred feet! 😉

 

On a serious note, glad to see this fixed!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, TLTeo said:

But I thought HD bomb delivery was done in a 30 degree dive, nearly unloading the jet to keep the pipper on target, and then pulling out of the dive at only a couple hundred feet! 😉

 

On a serious note, glad to see this fixed!

 

Nasty boy 🤣

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X/ RAM 32 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Saitek X-55 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Rift S

M-2000C X-55 VR profile / M-2000C custom SERVAL symbols assignation

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Link to post
Share on other sites

What can I say, I'm a bad person and my soul will burn in flight sim hell, where I will be forced to fly bombers in War Thunder exclusively for the rest of eternity.

Speaking of WIP stuff, I wonder when the terrain avoidance radar mode will be released, it will be really useful with the new clouds.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jojo said:

- Mk-82 AIR was added. Since French Air Force didn't use Snakeye, it's closer to what was in use.

- You have guidance to get on the attack run at the correct height and pitch (= low and level).

- use of RD to arrive on the correct course on the target.

- you have cues in the HUD to tell you if you missed some setting on PPA.

- on the bomb fall line you can visualize the first impact point and the last impact point of the salvo.

 

So yeah, probably more work than you thought 😇

 

Very cool.

 

Is the altitude guidance only available with PI mode active as is in the video?

 

Am I correct that the staple represents the recommended altitude, with the down arrow appearing when the FPM is at the top and vice versa? If I'm correct, he was a little low when he released.

 

Is the break in the CCIP line the end of the string?

 

7 hours ago, TLTeo said:

But I thought HD bomb delivery was done in a 30 degree dive, nearly unloading the jet to keep the pipper on target, and then pulling out of the dive at only a couple hundred feet!

 

I've played chicken with terra firma one too many times with snakeyes! The ground always seems to win no matter what I do...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, LastRifleRound said:

Very cool.

 

Is the altitude guidance only available with PI mode active as is in the video?

 

Am I correct that the staple represents the recommended altitude, with the down arrow appearing when the FPM is at the top and vice versa? If I'm correct, he was a little low when he released.

 

Is the break in the CCIP line the end of the string?

 

 

I've played chicken with terra firma one too many times with snakeyes! The ground always seems to win no matter what I do...

 

Actually it's really simple.

Just put the velocity vector -O- inside [ on the left.

It's both the guidance in pitch and altitude.

If you're too high/ low, you have arrows to guide you inside the domain, this is shown on purpose in the video.

 

No, you don't need IP to get that, it works too in direct CCPI.

 

And yes, the interruption in the bomb fall line is the end of the impact string...at the moment when you start to squeeze the trigger.

 

That was 6 months ago, and this is still what you can do today waiting for updated CCPI to be released.

The new HUD will just make it easier 😉

 

 


Edited by jojo
  • Thanks 1

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X/ RAM 32 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Saitek X-55 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Rift S

M-2000C X-55 VR profile / M-2000C custom SERVAL symbols assignation

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jojo said:

- Mk-82 AIR was added. Since French Air Force didn't use Snakeye, it's closer to what was in use.

- You have guidance to get on the attack run at the correct height and pitch (= low and level).

- use of RD to arrive on the correct course on the target.

- you have cues in the HUD to tell you if you missed some setting on PPA.

- on the bomb fall line you can visualize the first impact point and the last impact point of the salvo.

 

So yeah, probably more work than you thought 😇

 

Jojo,

 

thank you very much! I appreciate the large amount of work going into refining the systems and increasing simulation accuracy of the Mirage.

 

Kind regards,

 

 Snappy 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I also think it's good that more attention is now being paid to it. And I also really want to learn the M2k. But it would be really good, since there have been so many serious changes lately (including the Harrier), to document and publish these in the manual in a timely manner. Not that you have to look for it in some forum posts & on youtube ... 

  • Like 1

**************************************

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

**************************************

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, kotor633 said:

I also think it's good that more attention is now being paid to it. And I also really want to learn the M2k. But it would be really good, since there have been so many serious changes lately (including the Harrier), to document and publish these in the manual in a timely manner. Not that you have to look for it in some forum posts & on youtube ... 

 

It's also being worked on 😇

  • Thanks 2

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X/ RAM 32 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Saitek X-55 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Rift S

M-2000C X-55 VR profile / M-2000C custom SERVAL symbols assignation

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmm,I tried several times now to drop low drag MK82s in CCRP mode with IP and offset point without updating the IP manually via the diamond, just flying over the IP. Older videos show that at the moment the plane flies over the IP, the offset point is selected as target and the "wings" are appearing on the HUD.

The wings never appeared in my case so far, the bombs cannot be dropped.

The wings only appear after I've updated the IP manually (which I don't want to do as already mentioned above).

 

Can someone confirm that this is still working or broken in 2.7 ? Tried this the first time since the Mirage is relatively new in my inventory.

 

What I did:

- Added a new waypoint for the IP (lat/long/alt). Select waypoint (DEST).

- Added the offset point (BAD) for this waypoint (range/bearing/alt difference) but never switched BAD on on the PCN

- Master arm on

- Bombs selected on PCA

- Bomb settings set

- PI selected on PCA

- optional: enable radar alt measurement and set RS on PCA (makes no difference)

- switch to A/G mode within 1 nm to the IP or already before (makes no difference)

 


Edited by Lynnux
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...