F16 countermeasures .lua

Hi all.

Im new in F16. Im editing countermeasures in .lua file and I find this by default.

programs[ProgramNames.MAN_1] = {
    chaff = {
        burstQty     = 1,
        burstIntv    = 0.02,
        salvoQty    = 10,
        salvoIntv    = 1.0,
    },
    flare = {
        burstQty    = 1,
        burstIntv    = 0.02,
        salvoQty    = 10,
        salvoIntv    = 1.0,

salvoQty and salvoIntv is like Cycle and Intv in the Hornet? If I want 4 chaffs, 0 flares, 0.5 Intv 3 Cycle is this right??

programs[ProgramNames.MAN_1] = {
    chaff = {
        burstQty     = 4,
        burstIntv    = 0.02,     <---(???)
        salvoQty    = 3,
        salvoIntv    = 0.5,
    },
    flare = {
        burstQty    = 0,
        burstIntv    = 0,
        salvoQty    = 0,
        salvoIntv    = 0,

According to manual:

Burst Quantity. The number of countermeasures released per burst.

Burst Interval. The interval in seconds between countermeasures per burst. This is usually a very small value.

Salvo Quantity. The number of bursts commanded when release consent is given.

Salvo Interval. The time in seconds between each burst.

Thanks.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, impreza said:

chaff = {
        burstQty     = 4,
        burstIntv    = 0.02,     <---(???)
        salvoQty    = 3,
        salvoIntv    = 0.5,
    },
    flare = {
        burstQty    = 0,
        burstIntv    = 0,
        salvoQty    = 0,
        salvoIntv    = 0,

With this you'll get

4 chaff fired with each 0.02 second delay

0.5s pause

0.5s pause

and zero flare.

Set burstIntv to 1 and salvoIntv to 5 if in doubt, will give you a good slowmo to figure it.

• Like 1

bts_100.jpg.22eae5ddd2a463fc09375990ad043870.jpg

Hardware: MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX | Ryzen 5 3600X (6*3.8 Ghz) | 32 GB RAM | MSI Radeon RX5700 | Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB | DCS dedicated @ WD Blue 500 GB SSD | Win 10 (64-bit) | TM Warthog HOTAS, MFD and rudder pedals, TrackIR5

Wishlist:  Northern Germany/Baltic Sea theater | Full Fidelity Su-25A | Asset packs (80s Iran, Lebanon 1982, Syria 2011+ factions)

Your solution would give you what you want. There is no value for "4 chaff at once", each one is always released with a gap, the burst interval. All you can do is make this interval small like with the 2ms you have in your example.

There is actually a mod for this with in game integration:

DiCE

To me the hardest part is actually knowing what setting is useful. Is it worth doing bursts? What should be the intra-burst interval? ...

Edited by Donglr

Ok ok. thank you. Its working fine now. I was testing configs. I think we need more programs and I dont know what is the best config to avoid R77. I supose Bypass mode is "bit" on the knob. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/awzbs0pxr4uvslj/CMDS_ALE47.lua?dl=0

Here, try my LUA file.

Its setup for dogfight servers. No time to set up a countermeasure program there.

I have bound "Wall Dispense button, Panic" and CMS up (=MAN1) to my Hotas.

CMS up (MAN1) will fire a burst of 20 flares in an 0,2 sec interval. No chaff. Often just using it once helps against anything except a 9X. The french Magic carried by the Mirage seems to be somewhat in between the 9M and the 9X sesititvity-wise.

And -- MAN 5 - Wall Dispense button, Panic is set to drop just 2 flare each press. Great for pre-flaring when you are approaching an enemy whom you suspect to get ready to fire. And as bonus, this will fire 20 Chaff too. In case you fly on a dogfight server that features a BVR area.

Cool, didnt know about the Dice Editor before. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by darkman222
En 28/4/2021 a las 13:02, darkman222 dijo:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/awzbs0pxr4uvslj/CMDS_ALE47.lua?dl=0

Here, try my LUA file.

Its setup for dogfight servers. No time to set up a countermeasure program there.

I have bound "Wall Dispense button, Panic" and CMS up (=MAN1) to my Hotas.

CMS up (MAN1) will fire a burst of 20 flares in an 0,2 sec interval. No chaff. Often just using it once helps against anything except a 9X. The french Magic carried by the Mirage seems to be somewhat in between the 9M and the 9X sesititvity-wise.

And -- MAN 5 - Wall Dispense button, Panic is set to drop just 2 flare each press. Great for pre-flaring when you are approaching an enemy whom you suspect to get ready to fire. And as bonus, this will fire 20 Chaff too. In case you fly on a dogfight server that features a BVR area.

Cool, didnt know about the Dice Editor before. Thanks for sharing.

Thank u so much. I will try now. I´m trying different configurations. I think 2 flares each press (totally manual) work fine with all IR missiles and panic (12-15 cycles only) as the last option. I had Dice installed and I will install again because I´m changing configs in the viper.  

• Like 1