Mission 9 invincible gournd troops and non-tanking wingman

Hi @baltic_dragon A couple of problems with Mission 9.

1. After killing the helos, the AAA and wingy and I killing the APC and outpost respectively, I get no more comms from Venom. Had to go to tanker and come back so I guess it's possible he called when I was on tanker freq. Anyway after I got back to Mordor, still nothing so I scrolled though the F7 view to find 3 x IRN troops standing next to a building. Could not see any US troops. I put a GBU 12 into the Iranians, but they didn't die. See screen shot of them standing in the crater my bomb caused! I was now out of ordnance so just went back to ship. Did not progress in mission.

2. Wingman won't get fuel from tanker. Tried using the DCS menu to get him to but no response. He eventually ran out and was last seen bouncing off the ocean (he's obviously set to invincible). This is a problem in a lot of the missions. We need the option to hit the tanker almost any time and send the wingman as well.

Loving the campaign though. Very immersive! Thanks.

Screenshot 2021-04-28 000452.jpg

Hey! You are not supposed to go to the tanker during the CAS - nor is your wingman. I know this is limiting, but that was the only way to build the mission in an immersive way. Technically from DCS standpoint your wingman is never part of your flight, which allows me to build much more advanced scenarios at a cost of limited control.. so I suspect you leaving the AO is the problem of mission not progressing. Your wingman should do fine with fuel until Venom is saved if you don’t drag things too much and the option for a tanker will be available then. 

Edited by baltic_dragon
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png
On 4/28/2021 at 1:54 AM, baltic_dragon said:

Hey! You are not supposed to go to the tanker during the CAS - nor is your wingman. I know this is limiting, but that was the only way to build the mission in an immersive way. Technically from DCS standpoint your wingman is never part of your flight, which allows me to build much more advanced scenarios at a cost of limited control.. so I suspect you leaving the AO is the problem of mission not progressing. Your wingman should do fine with fuel until Venom is saved if you don’t drag things too much and the option for a tanker will be available then. 

Ok Thanks. I got through it in the end. Just had to be more careful with my fuel and hit all the targets first pass. Sucks that no tanking is a limitation of DCS. It would be good - especially on CAS missions - if you could go back and forth to the tanker while your wingman stays on station and vice-versa.