Jump to content

Possible to get rid of the active log text on screen during MP?


Recommended Posts

Hi guys, not sure exactly how to describe it but when you're flying about in MP there's a log of what has happened on the left hand side of the screen in orange writing - is it possible to hide this somehow? 

 

Cheers! 


Edited by CommandT
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CommandT said:

Hi guys, not sure exactly how to describe it but when you're flying about in MP there's a log of what has happened on the left hand side of the screen in orange writing - is it possible to hide this somehow? 

 

Cheers! 

 


If you're asking the for the left box where you have orange message for HIT, and RED message for complete destroyed target, it's the Battle Damage Assessment overlay.
The mission designer/server admin can decide to enforce on or off for all connected clients, or leave the option not restricted, so DCS should take your client settings.

If it's not enforced, you can select what you would like under options, misc.

immagine.png

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 2700x | RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200Mhz running at 2600Mhz (Damn RyZen!) | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 2080 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD SATAIII Crucial MX300 750GB | Device: VirPil T-50, ThrustMaster TWCS Throttle and Pedals, TrackHat, MFD Cougar.

Our Servers => [iTA] Banshee | PersianConquest PvE | Live Map&Stats & [iTA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, CommandT said:

@Maverick87Shaka I think the BDA report is on the right of the screen. Have a look at the screenshot below - the orange text on the left is what I want to get rid of in MP. 

example.jpg


Ups, sorry! The BDA is in the right side, correct.

The text in this screen is the chat box. You can press TAB on your keyboard to interact or hide the chat, in case of new message a small "inbox email like" icon tells you that there is some unread messages


Edited by Maverick87Shaka

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 2700x | RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200Mhz running at 2600Mhz (Damn RyZen!) | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 2080 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD SATAIII Crucial MX300 750GB | Device: VirPil T-50, ThrustMaster TWCS Throttle and Pedals, TrackHat, MFD Cougar.

Our Servers => [iTA] Banshee | PersianConquest PvE | Live Map&Stats & [iTA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CommandT said:

@Maverick87Shaka I think the BDA report is on the right of the screen. Have a look at the screenshot below - the orange text on the left is what I want to get rid of in MP. 

example.jpg

Those messages are coming from SLMOD, something the mission builder is using on the server. Any mod can be made to send chat messages and several do. They are annoying and I wish server operators would limit them as much as possible. Also, the DCS notifications of every person entering or leaving the server, occupying a slot, takeoffs and landings, kills, ejections, etc are annoying and can all be suppressed by the server operator.

475th Fighter Group Discord https://discord.gg/xkKsApD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, pmiceli said:

Those messages are coming from SLMOD, something the mission builder is using on the server. Any mod can be made to send chat messages and several do. They are annoying and I wish server operators would limit them as much as possible. Also, the DCS notifications of every person entering or leaving the server, occupying a slot, takeoffs and landings, kills, ejections, etc are annoying and can all be suppressed by the server operator.

 

Apparently it's:

 

Left CTRL and Tab

if you want to remove it for the entire session it is L CTRL LSHFT Y


Edited by CommandT
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CommandT said:

 

Apparently it's:

 

Left CTRL and Tab

if you want to remove it for the entire session it is L CTRL LSHFT Y

 

Yes, you can hide all that stuff but it would be nice to be able to have text chat available without all the constant useless notifications.

  • Like 1

475th Fighter Group Discord https://discord.gg/xkKsApD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link to post
Share on other sites

That screen image shows the MOTD or message of the day plus some initial status information. All you have to do is just close the chat box once.  After that only messages that the server admin allows are shown.  If you have problem with them, talk to the server admin.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...