Gaming laptop

Howdy! Ok...so im edging closer to getting myself a gaming laptop and want to know if the spec im looking at can run DCS at a high level of graphic detail.

The laptop has a spec of: RtX3070, 16gb ram, Ryzen 7 5800h. So, what do you guys think? Will it cope with DCS?

34 minutes ago, sgmcgee1967gmail.com said:

My son's laptop has that same configuration except it has an I 7.  My laptop runs DCS great, and its graphics are great.  My laptop has I 7 gtx 1060ti and 16gb of ram.

Cheers buddy! Should work fine then ! 👍

• 2 months later...

Quick bump on this:  OP did you wind up getting said Laptop, and if so how did it work out?  I'm looking at the Best Buy Sku of the Asus ROG Zephyrus G15: R9 5900, RTX 3070, and 16GB of RAM. 

RAM is my biggest concern; my current desktop has an older i5, 1070, and 16Gigs. It does 'ok' in DCS, even in VR, but I'm hoping this laptop is a bit of an upgrade, but not expecting sliders-to-the-max-in-VR performance.

(to make a very long story short, I'm at a point in life were portability factors in strongly to my Simming/gaming 'needs'; so I'm moving away from a desktop build for this round.   I plan to play other games when away from home on it, but then 'dock' it into my sim rig for DCS/BoX/MSFS)