In some missions, flying at 120 fps with many units, I noticed some CPU usage reaching 40 or 45 % (only by DCS.exe), in my 5900x (so at least 12 threads are used!!!)... so now the sim is using more cores in comparison with 2.5.6? or its related to some bug? In my case the cpu reach 85 degrees in some situations (Ryzen boost...), I tested it and its completely related to DCS.exe process..

Edited by Gryzor
  • Gryzor changed the title to CPU usage higher in 2.7

My game run fines in 2.7 my CPU is i5-7600K 4 Cores 4.5Ghz OC my usage is 45%-50% with 60-90FPS most of the time but when a lot of the new clouds are rendered in my CPU usage goes to 100% but no major FPS drops also my CPU temperature doesn't exceed 65 Degrees Celsius. You might want to look at your computer cooling if you reach 85 Degrees Celsius also you can limit to how many cores DCS uses if you don't want it use all cores.

2 hours ago, RosyPlays said:

My game run fines in 2.7 my CPU is i5-7600K 4 Cores 4.5Ghz OC my usage is 45%-50% with 60-90FPS most of the time but when a lot of the new clouds are rendered in my CPU usage goes to 100% but no major FPS drops also my CPU temperature doesn't exceed 65 Degrees Celsius. You might want to look at your computer cooling if you reach 85 Degrees Celsius also you can limit to how many cores DCS uses if you don't want it use all cores.

Issue is not my CPU temps (with Ryzen 5900x boost with these tems are normail). What it surprise me is the higher % of CPU usage with 2.7, it seems to me that more threads are used.

Posted (edited)

I attach two pictures and the trk file.

Mission instant action "A10A Close Air support"

No antivirus, no other background programs (my CPU 5900x idles in W10 at 28 ºC).

What you can see is %CPU occupied (only DCS, no background, and % with spikes to 50%. That means 12 threads used of 24 that has my CPU...).

The most interesting thing: 30-40-50% spikes occours when high AOA turnings happens. In fact, the picture shows CPU usage only during this mission.

Edit: this happens with a sustained FPS about 100-110 fps, 4K, MSAA and ultra details. If I set my TV refresh rate about 60hz (60 fps), CPU spikes are normal.

A-10A HIGH CPU USAGE_1.jpg

A-10A HIGH CPU USAGE_2.jpg

A-10A HIGH CPU USAGE.trk

Edited by Gryzor
  • Like 1

please devs look at it. It is not normal such % CPU used (I believe DCS use only 2 cores).

% spikes about 50% means 12 threads in my PC, and no, no background activities (% only occupied by DCS.exe)