A-10A Keeps crashing the game

Da Madcat

I bought FC3 last year and initially all seemed well. However, over the past month or so, when ever I try to use the A-10A the game crashes (most of the time) right at the start of a mission.

I thought that perhaps there might have been a mod conflict so I removed all mods but the A-10A still crashes the game.
I have filed numerous crash reports but (obviously) there has been no fix!
So, at the moment, a product that I paid for is unusable. I hope this can be rectified soon!

• ED Team

Hi

please remove all unofficial mods if any and run a cleanup and repair or verify if steam.

also ensure all drivers and windows is up to date. 

If you still get a crash please attach your dcs log from your saved games dcs log folder it should have some clues. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

You were asked to remove the mods. These you can find here:

C:\Users\geeol\Saved Games\DCS\Mods/aircraft/

C:\Users\geeol\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts/DCS_Volanta.lua

When done, please try again.

Also https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/709/

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

dcs.log

I removed the Mod & the lua (as per above), ran DCS and it still crashed (see new log)
I also clicked on the link you provided to the faq and ran into a problem (related or not I have no idea)
In the faq it states that I locate the bin folder within DCS world which I did (I feel that at this point I should point out that I am using the Steam version of DCS....just in case that is a factor....apologies if I should have mentioned this before)
I ran the Powershell as instructed, typed in the cmd .\DCS_updater.exe cleanup and I got this error: DCS Powershell Error.PNG

Sorry, should've known it from log.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/steam/#1510460

If it still crashes try to increase the Windows pagefile (now is 10GB, try 20GB).

Also try to rename C:\Users\geeol\Saved Games\DCS to DCS.bak. This will create clean profile - try if it works. If not, you can move again all DCS.bak content to DCS.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 4 weeks later...