Attacking moving targets with dumb bombs.

oldcrusty

Would be nice to use auto delivery on GMT track. You can see the target diamond moving along with the vehicle in the HUD but the release cue is not calculating the distance the vehicle travels after the release, so... have to switch to CCIP, pull the cross ahead of the tgt. diamond 'a little'  :dunno:  and pickle.

Not realistic...,  which part?   FCR not being able to include vehicle velocity in release cue calculation or the ability to have target designated by HMD, fixed track or GMT, FLIR, D/L and still switch to CCIP, be it for dumb bombs or guns.

24 minutes ago, buur said:

you can move the target diamond manually. Place it a little bit in front of the truck and auto bombing is working

How far... same amount as my lead (with CCIP cross)I guess. 

BTW, I don't know what hardware you use to control the cursor when sensor priority is on HUD. My WH mini trackball makes it jump from one corner of the HUD to another... unless ED fixed it in 2.7, haven't tried recently. Regardless, that's not the answer to my question.

Back to Kentucky windage, errr...  elevation:smilewink:

Um, not really sure which ED mod declared that its not realistic, but the hornet can totally do this using GMTT. Maybe go do a "search" in your 1.16 material that I can't post here. What you are looking for is something like "Radar tracking velocities, when valid are used in the A/G weapon delivery computations when the radar is in GMTT". This frankly is a pretty basic radar/INS bombing technique frankly. The harrier can also do all that using the DMT/ARBS combo, in fact it was a major feature of that system, though I doubt Raz has bothered to model that since they have an aversion to modeling anything related to it. And on that note, ED should probably model the fact TGP's can also do that "angle rate" stuff that the 60's era ARBS/DMT can do, and do it "better"... 

Edited by Harlikwin
  • Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

2 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

Um, not really sure which ED mod declared that its not realistic, but the hornet can totally do this using GMTT. Maybe go do a "search" in your 1.16 material that I can't post here. What you are looking for is something like "Radar tracking velocities, when valid are used in the A/G weapon delivery computations when the radar is in GMTT". This frankly is a pretty basic radar/INS bombing technique frankly. The harrier can also do all that using the DMT/ARBS combo, in fact it was a major feature of that system, though I doubt Raz has bothered to model that since they have an aversion to modeling anything related to it. 

👍