Hi to all, i like flight sims, my computer is a i9 with a AORUS ultra g2 edition motherboard, 32 gb memory, samsung ssd 500g and 1t drives; i want to move to vr, what do i need or which vr and graphic card i need. right now i got a old 580 card. Thanks for any help!!

6 minutes ago, ge349074 said:

Hi to all, i like flight sims, my computer is a i9 with a AORUS ultra g2 edition motherboard, 32 gb memory, samsung ssd 500g and 1t drives; i want to move to vr, what do i need or which vr and graphic card i need. right now i got a old 580 card. Thanks for any help!!

IMHO you have three main options for a VR. 

The discontinued Facebook Rift S that is dedicated PC VR headset.

The Facebook Quest 2 that is as well mobile but you can wire it (and now use wirelessly) to PC be used as dedicated PC VR. 

The HP Reverb G2 might be the best option as price and quality now, a dedicated PC VR. 

To match these for a good performance, I would go for a Nvidia 3060 or maybe 2070 on older side for those depending your exactly CPU. 

(Don't know anythin about AMD side...)

You are looking pretty heavy price range for the HP reverb as it is about 700-800 now, compared to Quest 2 that does it for about 350.

I would start definitely with the Quest 2 IF YOU ARE OKAY FOR FACEBOOK ACCOUNT!

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I agree with Fri12. I run a G2 and a 1080ti and it's awesome with a lot of tuning.

Quest 2 with 1080ti would be very good. You can get a 1080ti cheap on Ebay. 

G2 with a better card would be even better, but it's a hell of a cost.

Matt

ASUS Z390 / Intel i7-9700K / 32 GB DDR4 / 1080Ti / HP Reverb 2 / Thrustmaster WH&TPR

Heath and Allen Zedi8 / TrackIR / Momo USB monitor / Akai MPD218

Avoid Rift S in my honest opinion. If youre from EU, i would sell you mine with discount gladly:-)

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

I'm running a Laptop with a mobile 5800H, RTX3070 and 16GB DDR4 RAM. Runs it all fine, although upgrading to 32GB RAM shortly. I have the Quest 2 which is excellent.

The recommendation for a desktop 3060 or 2070 sounds like a good recommendation to me.

One word of caution is to think about your control interfaces before you buy because you will be blind to your laptop and HOTAS in VR.

Also MFDs can be a little hard to see by just a quick glance down at them, but it's well worth it for the incredible immersion it offers.

Thanks to all for the respond, yes i'm from Puerto Rico, US. i got all my parts from New.... website;  is this the vr you guys are talking about?

Oculus Quest 64GB VR Headset

6 hours ago, ge349074 said:

Thanks to all for the respond, yes i'm from Puerto Rico, US. i got all my parts from New.... website;  is this the vr you guys are talking about?

Oculus Quest 64GB VR Headset

No, Oculus Quest 2

As for the GPU, you will be fine with a 1080Ti  (It is what I use + Rift S) but if you can get a more powerful card then go for that. 

I wouldn't recommend a Quest2 with a GPU lower than 20 series or 30 series. Q2 needs encoding to send through link and this requires additional GPU power. 20 series + has these encoders built in (for streaming mainly). 10 series do not and suffer with performance. A HP G2 (or other normal PCVR) is a better bet for 10 series cards.

sorry to tell you but you can't buy any 3060/3070/3080 now. 
And even if you can you're paying 2x MSRP. 

So..... well ..... you have no choice but to wait

SATAL : "Summary - Tomcat limited to 2 AIM-54A mk74 Phoenix per aircraft for both Diamond and Gold leagues. All other Phoenix types, AIM-54A mk60 and AIM-54C, are currently banned."