Lantirn Training Mission

Elunnia

Hello dear Pilots and Rios,

I checked with the searching tool without finding an answer so I'm here.

I didn't find a training mission on the lantirn use in the module files. And I don't find neither a Lantirn training mission in the user files.

It seems quiet fun to use an old pods and I would be happy to find a descriptive mission like "how to use the awg9 for Rio, cold start for Rio, etc...

Is there somethink like that somewhere? Is it scheduled by heatblur? If not, how could I learn it to use, I play in VR so it's not quiet easy to let a video play on my Ipad and put on and off my helmet to check what I have to do... 

Iceman can make some circle at level altitude? 

I play solo.

Thank you Very much for your help.

Best regards,

Elunnia.

@Elunnia

Unfortunately there is no HB Lantirn training mission,

I made mission for myself in Mission Editor, just putting trucks on ground (dont forget to put waypoint on top of trucks, Lantirn can slew to waypoint location, just make sure waypoint altitude is same as truck elevation MSL) and spawn in air with Lantirn with bombs, and I learned LANTIRN myself from YT and HB manual. 

Icemen doesnt know how to do circles either, best you can do is disable Jester as pilot, activate Attitude hold while in bank (just turn on Autopilot with Bearing hold switch to off, you can switch altitude hold to keep altitude). Then switch to RIO, set bomb settings and autolase, find and designate target, switch to pilot, follow the coues on Lantirn, pickle and watch the fireworks. 

PS

There is Pilot Lantirn mod, which allows you to control Lantirn from pilot seat, works pretty good, official recommendation from HB until Jester learn how to lase.

Edited by The_Tau

I usually set up the front seat for the bomb run then hop in back and target via LANTIRN.  When I do that, Iceman flies straight and level automatically.  Then when I'm set up in back I jump in front and fly the cues until the drop.  After drop, I jump back to the back seat and monitor the drop from there while Iceman again flies straight and level.  Works most of the time.  The only time it gets messed up is if I forget to switch my HOTAS profile to the correct one depending on what seat I'm in.

v6,

boNes

• Like 1

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

On 4/26/2021 at 1:06 PM, Elunnia said:

Hello dear Pilots and Rios,

I checked with the searching tool without finding an answer so I'm here.

I didn't find a training mission on the lantirn use in the module files. And I don't find neither a Lantirn training mission in the user files.

It seems quiet fun to use an old pods and I would be happy to find a descriptive mission like "how to use the awg9 for Rio, cold start for Rio, etc...

Is there somethink like that somewhere? Is it scheduled by heatblur? If not, how could I learn it to use, I play in VR so it's not quiet easy to let a video play on my Ipad and put on and off my helmet to check what I have to do... 

Iceman can make some circle at level altitude? 

I play solo.

Thank you Very much for your help.

Best regards,

Elunnia.

Hi.

Check this video from RedKite "the great", wordless...   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9-8UCj66Ds&t=44s

For the mission, set up a group of targets, somewhere, set a F14 with guided bombs + LANTIRN, set one of the waypoints over/very close to the targets. Enter plane, frompilot set "CREW CONTRACT" to RIO inactive nad then jump to RIO and drive the flight/attack following RedKite's instructions. Awsome!

Saludos.

Saca111

• Like 1