Get rid of IR suppressor on Mi8

Go to solution Solved by Fanki 17,

• Solution

I saw a similar topic for the huey but that wasnt helping really much. Iam looking for to get rid of the IR suppressors on some liverys for example the aeroflot one, everytime i select it i get the suppressors. I guess you can change it in some .lua but i just dont know where. Has someone an idea?

In the moment iam searching under Eagle Dynamics>DCS World OpenBeta>Bazar>Liveries>mi-8mt>"livery"

I'm not entirely sure if I understand your problem correctly.

You can deselect the IR-supressors in the mission editor under loadout options (last page).

I don't think that this is an liveries issue.... (unless the liverie lacks textures for the supressors)

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

vor 25 Minuten schrieb Hiob:

I'm not entirely sure if I understand your problem correctly.

You can deselect the IR-supressors in the mission editor under loadout options (last page).

I don't think that this is an liveries issue.... (unless the liverie lacks textures for the supressors)

Iam playing on a server so i cant change something in the ME. For example iam selecting the ambulance livery i dont have the ir suppressor. If i select the Aeroflot livery i get ir suppressor for some reason. If i want that they dissapear i select the ambulance livery again. There is probably somewhere a lua. which i can change either true or false for the suppressor.

Maybe its just a texture and there is no difference in flight performance. It just looks odd when i have a civilian skin but have those massive military Ir suppressors installed.

• Like 1

Maybe this thread is helpful?

• Like 2

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Personally, they need to make the IR suppressors, hardpoints and additional armour something that the ground crew can mount/remove.

• Like 4

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

7 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

Personally, they need to make the IR suppressors, hardpoints and additional armour something that the ground crew can mount/remove.

This please!!!!
Note: You can already unmount hardpoints via ground crew. When you select the pylon, just click on delete support, and it will unmount the hardpoints and the gunsight

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, paco2002 said:

Note: You can already unmount hardpoints via ground crew. When you select the pylon, just click on delete support, and it will unmount the hardpoints and the gunsight

Cool, didn't know about that one, thanks.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.