PACK AI 1940 BATTLE OF BRITAIN with 3 FLYABLE PLANES ( Eric et Patrick Cuesta)

46 minutes ago, rayrayblues said:

I cannot get any of your flyable mods to work

The flyables make use of ED's P-51D Mustang, which you must own ..

and not only that, they don't install at /Saved Games/ .. they have to be installed on your DCS program folder (usually at C:/Program Files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS )

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

56 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

The flyables make use of ED's P-51D Mustang, which you must own ..

and not only that, they don't install at /Saved Games/ .. they have to be installed on your DCS program folder (usually at C:/Program Files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS )

Thanks Rudel, but I don't have that folder on my C Drive.

My DCS is on a dedicated drive.  DCS World (G:)\DCS.OpenBeta 

What do I do from here?

P.S.  I have had the P-51 D for ages.

G Drive.jpg

Edited by rayrayblues

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

18 minutes ago, rayrayblues said:

Thanks Rudel, but I don't have that folder on my C Drive.

My DCS is on a dedicated drive.  DCS World (G:)\DCS.OpenBeta 

DCS uses two main folders, on one you have the DCS program files, and on the other you have the User files (system configuration, liveries, missions, user mods, etc), this latter is usually at /Saved Games/

Eric & Patrick's flyable Mod have to go on the DCS program folder, wherever you may have placed it. Each aircraft will store files on the following DCS program sub-folders: Bazar, CoreMods, MissionEditor and Mods. The flyables are already on a JSGME format, it should not be giving trouble, what is the exact error that you are getting?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

@Rudel_chw

No error, just doesn't show in ME.

It's like it's just not there.

Question:  where exactly should I install JSGME? In the main folder?

I tried that already and it still didn't work.

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

1 minute ago, rayrayblues said:

Question:  where exactly should I install JSGME? In the main folder?

Sorry, can't help you with that, as I haven't used JSGME in years, as I moved to the more modern OvGME Mod Manager, which is also currently obsolete, as its author developed a newer alternative.

As I'm a firm believer in not fixing what is not broken, I opted to keep using the older OvGME, as it was easier to use (in my opinion, of course).

3 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Sorry, can't help you with that, as I haven't used JSGME in years, as I moved to the more modern OvGME Mod Manager, which is also currently obsolete, as its author developed a newer alternative.

As I'm a firm believer in not fixing what is not broken, I opted to keep using the older OvGME, as it was easier to use (in my opinion, of course).

Thanks anyway. I don't have any "Program Files" or even an Eagle Dynamics folder on either drive, just what you see on the picture I sent.

If I open it I get this:

Project2.jpg

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

@Tanuki44

👍 I'll give it a try, although, as I mentioned above, I don't have an "Eagle Dynamics" folder, just (G:)DCS.OpenBeta

Where do I install OvGME?

Edited by rayrayblues

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

12 minutes ago, rayrayblues said:

Thanks anyway. I don't have any "Program Files" or even an Eagle Dynamics folder on either drive, just what you see on the picture I sent.

If I open it I get this: ...

Hi,

Yes, that's the DCS Program Folder ... the _backup folders can be deleted to recover space, they are leftovers from the DCS_Updater Repair procedures.

Mine looks like this:

qWYUFwT.jpg

This user Mods aircraft will store files on the sub-folders: Bazar, CoreMods, MissionEditor and Mods, that you can see on the image. In theory, you could just copy the Mod's files ... but that would mean that you lose the P-51D, that's why you have to use a Mod Manager, so that you can enable/disable the user Mod whenever you want.

I just tried it, and it works fine on my DCS 2.7:

nVN63KN.jpg

i0HueRN.jpg

Best regards,

Eduardo

When installed in the MAIN DCS folder as instructed,

It should NOT disable the P-51.

That is the beauty of their solution!

I can have both active in the same mission. What you can not do is install more that one modded aircraft at a time.

They WILL conflict with each other.

Hope this helps!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

1 minute ago, Hawkeye60 said:

When installed in the MAIN DCS folder as instructed, It should NOT disable the P-51.

I can have both active in the same mission. What you can not do is install more that one modded aircraft at a time. They WILL conflict with each other.

Hello Hawkeye 👋

This is news to me, they should update the Mod's Readme, as it currently says:

"In addition to the AI Pack, you will find 3 FLYABLES PLANES with the cockpit and the avionics of the P-51 these are to be installed with the JSGME and to be used only individually, in summary you should only use them one by one in the JSGME , Its very important  !!!!
As it replaces the P-51D you could not pilot this one (as long as the mod is activated in the JSGME), but you will find it in the AI Pack.
Golden rule to always respect, deactivate JSGME mods before updates."

Otherwise, a very nice Mod 🙂

Try it.

I will as well right now. Back after a quick flight!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Not at home, as stated in the first post,

<<In addition to the AI Pack, you will find 3 FLYABLES PLANES with the cockpit and the avionics of the P-51 these are to be installed with the JSGME and to be used only individually, in summary you should only use them one by one in the JSGME , Its very important  !!!!
As it replaces the P-51D you could not pilot this one (as long as the mod is activated in the JSGME), but you will find it in the AI Pack.>>

only their mod F4U can be used at the same time as the P-51D

The three mods HURRICANE, DEWOITINE and STUKA deactivate the P-51D ...

Edited by Tanuki44

Screen-211129-154911.jpg

Screen-211129-154921.jpg

At the very same time. But the ED carrier mod does not seen to work with the mod installed.

I used to be able to spawn both on a carrier at the same time.

Needs investigating.

The three mods HURRICANE, DEWOITINE and STUKA deactivate the P-51D ...

There is no reason for this. All should  work if used one at a time.

I will look asap.

Thanks guys, I will give it a try as soon as I'm done cooking.  Don't want to burn anything.  😁

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

Yet the structure of the folders of the mod F4U (use folders of the TF51 and P-51D) and the mod folder HURRICANE, DEWOITINE et STUKA is different.

filess.jpg

F4U.png

and with one of the three mods the P51-D in yellow (flyable) does not appear...

stuka.png

It is possible to make them appear at the same time, one as static, one flyable, but can not activate them as a client.

rule.png

Edited by Tanuki44

Nice! Working now. Thanks for all of your help. You guys are awesome. 😁

• Like 1

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

• 7 months later...

Old thread I know, but i'm enjoying this mod - thank you. I noticed that the AI aircraft sometimes when hit but not destroyed, just go inverted and fly in a stright line. Is this a known bug?

Thanks,

M

W10 64

I7 4790k o/c to 4.6Ghz

Asus Maximus Ranger VII

24gb DDR3 RAM @ 2133

Asus Strix 1080ti OC

ASUS ROG G-sync 27" monitor

DCS on M2 drive Samsung 960 Pro

MS FFB2 with F-16 grip

CH pro throttle

MFG Crosswind pedals

TrackIR 5

3 x Bodnar button & axis boxes

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 12/27/2022 at 5:02 AM, Chap2012 said:

Any idea why axis craft wont show?

Same, trying to use the AI He-111, can place it in the mission editor, can arm it, model is in the arming window looking good. Start the mission but no HE-111 present.

The Hurricane, P-51, FU4, seem to work

😞

Edited by jonsky7

1 hour ago, jonsky7 said:

Same, trying to use the AI He-111, can place it in the mission editor, can arm it, model is in the arming window looking good. Start the mission but no HE-111 present.

+1 ..  I confirm this issue ... on the Log I get these messages:

ERROR   WORLDGENERAL (Main): Error: Unit [AI_AXES_HE_111]: Failed to find shape "AI_AXES_HE_111_x-ray".
ERROR   APP (Main): Error: Unit [AI_AXES_HE_111]: Corrupt damage model.
ERROR   APP (Main): Invalid Unit Module: "AI_AXES_HE_111"

Hopefully, @Patrick56 can take a look and fix this, as I use this AI on several of my I.16 missions 

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 2

On 1/26/2023 at 6:41 PM, Rudel_chw said:

+1 ..  I confirm this issue ... on the Log I get these messages:

ERROR   WORLDGENERAL (Main): Error: Unit [AI_AXES_HE_111]: Failed to find shape "AI_AXES_HE_111_x-ray".
ERROR   APP (Main): Error: Unit [AI_AXES_HE_111]: Corrupt damage model.
ERROR   APP (Main): Invalid Unit Module: "AI_AXES_HE_111"

Hopefully, @Patrick56 can take a look and fix this, as I use this AI on several of my I.16 missions 

Bonjour,

Ok we saw the problem and it works now we will make a fix very soon thanks guys

OK on a vu le problème et cela fonctionne maintenant  on va faire un correctif très vite merci les gars

• Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Passion

• 2 months later...
On 1/28/2023 at 3:52 AM, Patrick56 said:

Bonjour,

Ok we saw the problem and it works now we will make a fix very soon thanks guys

OK on a vu le problème et cela fonctionne maintenant  on va faire un correctif très vite merci les gars

It is now the end of March and the German planes are still not there.

They show in the mission editor, but not in game.

Only the German Mods are missing, (He-111, Ju-188 and the Ju-87 Stuka) all others are still there. I was flying the F4U earlier today.

Ray

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦