Looking for Superhornet.

As title suggests looking for a Superbug mod, doesn't have to be special just ideally one that could be used with the DCS F18C cockpit, simply looking for more pylons and squared intakes, not worried at all about the WSO functionality.

Edited by AeroDan90

PC Specs                                                                           Owned Modules                                                                 Wishlist                                           

Ryzen 7 3700X                                                              F-18 - F-14 - FC3                                     AC-130 - Su-47 - Avro Vulcan - B-2 Spirit  

ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F                               Super Carrier - Persian Gulf                   F/A-18E/F Super Hornet - F-35 - B1/B Lancer 
EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11GB                                       Syria - KA-50 - Gazelle                                            E2-D - AH-64D (soon!) 

32GB HyperX Predator DDR4@3200                         A-10C II                                                                F-4E  - Tornado GR4                               

10 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Do they dust as well? Hmm, one learns something new every day.
Thanks! emoji1787.png

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

😂😂 I was talking to my friend at the time and he was talking about dust, I actually meant Unicorn shit ! LOL

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

On 4/27/2021 at 5:45 AM, Tank50us said:

for the not-so-rude answer, no, there is no publicly available Super Hornet mod at the moment. I know there's a few in development, but the one we were all salivating over was given a C&D order a while back.

Ah thank you, I have been flying the VRS Superbug in FSX/P3D with combat mods for almost a decade so the F18C feels a little timid compared to having all those weapon stations. 🙂
Guess I'll have to dream with everyone else for now.

PC Specs                                                                           Owned Modules                                                                 Wishlist                                           

Ryzen 7 3700X                                                              F-18 - F-14 - FC3                                     AC-130 - Su-47 - Avro Vulcan - B-2 Spirit  

ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F                               Super Carrier - Persian Gulf                   F/A-18E/F Super Hornet - F-35 - B1/B Lancer 
EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11GB                                       Syria - KA-50 - Gazelle                                            E2-D - AH-64D (soon!) 

32GB HyperX Predator DDR4@3200                         A-10C II                                                                F-4E  - Tornado GR4                               

On 5/2/2021 at 12:21 PM, Kevstosmart said:

More like tomorrow, paint kit released already

I've never felt so uncool. I can't seem to find this elusive mod anywhere. I keep seeing people talk about it, but I can't find it. Would anyone care to give me a hint or something? Thx

I7 4790k EVGA 1080ti FTW 16gb Corsair Dominator Acer Predator 2k 165hz Thrustmaster Pedals & Warthog TrackIr5

12 hours ago, erick said:

I've never felt so uncool. I can't seem to find this elusive mod anywhere. I keep seeing people talk about it, but I can't find it. Would anyone care to give me a hint or something? Thx

You will be lucky to find the old superbug, and literally no chance of anyone sharing it with you, the new Superbug is actually only a shell on the F18C block 20, and not a standalone module, it's decent enough though.

• Like 4

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Thank you for the replies. I'm usually on top of all the interesting things going on with modding/discord, etc. But I missed this one completely! Cheers!

I7 4790k EVGA 1080ti FTW 16gb Corsair Dominator Acer Predator 2k 165hz Thrustmaster Pedals & Warthog TrackIr5

The discord for the the F18 super bug is way too salty for me, the devs are a tad abrupt too, it's a decent mod, but it's still only a cosmetic shell over the legacy F18C at the end of the day.

• Like 2

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

20 minutes ago, Oban said:

The discord for the the F18 super bug is way too salty for me, the devs are a tad abrupt too, it's a decent mod, but it's still only a cosmetic shell over the legacy F18C at the end of the day.

That, and they seem to be a bit Lazy AF, claiming that they needed to do this in order to gain access to the Hornets cockpit systems and flight model... which begs the question: Why? The Super Hornet flies nothing like the Legacy Hornet, and operates nothing like it as well (it's a Hornet in name only). These guys basically didn't want to make a proper EFM of their own, despite several other mod groups doing exactly that with no issues (A4, T-45, C-130...)

• Like 3

I'm a little confused. 

There was an existing one, but that has disappeared due to a request to cease development?

So another one has been created, but is only a shell compared to a separate module that originally was?

Why was the first one cut short? What were the issues that makes it not permitted, but the current mod allowable? 

I get ED may not be able to make it due to confidentiality, etc - but if a 3rd party makes a mod of their own and it's closer to the real thing but hasn't broken any laws - why has it gone?

Not complaining - just curious.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dangerzone said:

Why was the first one cut short? What were the issues that makes it not permitted, but the current mod allowable? 

I don't know exactly why it was cut short, I think it had something to do with some sort of licensing between the mod team and the person who made the model, maybe, but the big issue now is that it is a shell, and ED is apparently considering putting locks on certain aspects of the visuals to prevent people from doing this. Technically, they should've been shut down the second they made it known that you have switch out the base game model for this one, since that can lead to an exploit where you can see someone flying a legacy hornet before you have any right to visually, even if you're not flying the bug.

If they had made it where you can plunk it into the mods folder and it work like any other aircraft mod, I'd have no issues. But that's not what they did, and their 'reasons' for it just sicken me truth be told.... because you have teams that did none of that that were able make their own clickable cockpits, an EFM (even if it's still WIP), and even interactable with the Super Carrier. Basically, they wanted to put a Super Hornet into DCS, but not put any of the coding work in.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tank50us said:

I don't know exactly why it was cut short, I think it had something to do with some sort of licensing between the mod team and the person who made the model, maybe, but the big issue now is that it is a shell, and ED is apparently considering putting locks on certain aspects of the visuals to prevent people from doing this. Technically, they should've been shut down the second they made it known that you have switch out the base game model for this one, since that can lead to an exploit where you can see someone flying a legacy hornet before you have any right to visually, even if you're not flying the bug.

If they had made it where you can plunk it into the mods folder and it work like any other aircraft mod, I'd have no issues. But that's not what they did, and their 'reasons' for it just sicken me truth be told.... because you have teams that did none of that that were able make their own clickable cockpits, an EFM (even if it's still WIP), and even interactable with the Super Carrier. Basically, they wanted to put a Super Hornet into DCS, but not put any of the coding work in.

Picking it apart much? 
So it's a reskin of the Legacy Hornet, big deal. There are several reskins that people enjoy. The Apache reskin that goes over the Ka-50, for example. 

You want to bring in ta payware Tomcat21 module. I think its a stupid idea, being that it was only on paper and no actual data is available. But I'm not ripping your plans to shreds. 
So you disagree with this mod. Dont use it and move along. Your drama posts dont make this a better environment.

21 minutes ago, ST0RM said:

So it's a reskin of the Legacy Hornet, big deal. There are several reskins that people enjoy. The Apache reskin that goes over the Ka-50, for example. 

And none of them edit core game files. That mod does.

Also, you want to gripe about me wanting to make a payware F-14E? Funny, I'm actually in the process of doing the research, writing up the document I'll need to guide me through the process. And the 'no data' argument is a flawed one at best, given that Grumman did build a model of what they wanted to do, and that did come with data on their plans for the aircraft. I'm merely expanding on it. Yes, that will mean that it could be a departure from what it could've been, but, that's why part of the process will be to actually get in touch with N/G, and see if they'll be willing to work with me (which I would need to do anyway, as it is a N/G IP anyway).

But other than criticizing me on something I want to do, what are you doing? I'm gearing up to do something I'm sure people will enjoy for DCS, and not just an aircraft that never made it beyond the concept stage, but aircraft that were built, but never got a chance to enter service, or aircraft that have limited information publicly available. I'm gearing up for a fairly herculean task... and what are you doing?

BtW, I don't have an issue with reskins. I have issues with people modifying core game files rather than just dropping the mod into the mods folder and working from there.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tank50us said:

And none of them edit core game files. That mod does.

Also, you want to gripe about me wanting to make a payware F-14E? Funny, I'm actually in the process of doing the research, writing up the document I'll need to guide me through the process. And the 'no data' argument is a flawed one at best, given that Grumman did build a model of what they wanted to do, and that did come with data on their plans for the aircraft. I'm merely expanding on it. Yes, that will mean that it could be a departure from what it could've been, but, that's why part of the process will be to actually get in touch with N/G, and see if they'll be willing to work with me (which I would need to do anyway, as it is a N/G IP anyway).

But other than criticizing me on something I want to do, what are you doing? I'm gearing up to do something I'm sure people will enjoy for DCS, and not just an aircraft that never made it beyond the concept stage, but aircraft that were built, but never got a chance to enter service, or aircraft that have limited information publicly available. I'm gearing up for a fairly herculean task... and what are you doing?

BtW, I don't have an issue with reskins. I have issues with people modifying core game files rather than just dropping the mod into the mods folder and working from there.

Your reply is flawed in several areas. 
First, yes the Apache/Ka-50 mod DOES effect the core game. Its loaded into the Root Install directory. Comes with remodeled Vikhrs that look like Hellfires too. 

Same for any terrain mod. VR Shader and so forth. 

Second, which you asked for with your triggered retort, the F-14E. "Grumman did build a model of what they wanted to do" So there isn't any FACTUAL data on it, because it never flew. Only WHIF. So good luck in your accuracy. You're going to build an EFM based on fiction?

Stop pissing on other's work just because you dont agree with it. I only responded in kind about your announcement, to show you what it felt like. These guys put in time and money for something FREE. And if I recall correctly, they had to fix what was someone else's property. Maybe they'll advance to a full project and used this as a learner. Other paid devs have done the same thing. And I'm sure if ED really had an issue with this mod, they'll soon clamp things down further. 

• Like 1