Stranded Sub not working?

dporter22

Have tried the Stranded Sub mission in the Persion Gulf menu several times and nothing ever happens.  No enemy ships, AWACS doesn't call out any targets, nothing.  

Also tried Bird on a Wire a few times and nothing happens there either.  I fire on the helo after it spins up, but no amount of damage ever destroys it and then it just sits there.  

Any ideas?

Edited by dporter22

• 9 months later...

Did a search and it led me here. Have DCS A-10C II and tried to do the Stranded Sub IA mission. No luck. I have the freq 251 set up in the middle box, main, and bring up the comms menu. F2, F3, etc all work. When I try the AWACS, Overlord on F7, nothing happens. Also, no boats but the occasional ship.

However, Bird On A Wire works ok for me. Wags tells me what to do, I select A-A, buzz past the hotel, turn around and stick an AIM-9 up his tailpipe.

What am I not doing right in the sub mission?

Boats are there, but impossible to find without help. AWACS is not working as described, so I told my wingman to attack ships, and he did know where the boats are, started attacking them, then you can see his SPI.

It seems this mission has much more problems than finding ships. I will try once more, but this thread describes the mission as mostly broken: