JDAM in PP mode follow ATFLIR coordinate not the imbedded INS coordinates!

Mnf

I tried to release two JDAM on building. the map has 3 building in the same area.

I put the first 2 target's coordinate in JDAM PP mode, then I assigned the ATFLIR to the third building.

after releasing the two JDAMs: one JDAM hit the target, but the second JDAM seems to follow the ATFLIR coordinates rather that the imbedded INS coordinates!

don't know if this is correct behavior or bug. 

I attached two track files (JDAM.trk,JDAM1.trk) for this issue with ACMI file for reference. 

I also noticed that hitting OSB PP1,PP2.... twice will shift to TOO mode from PP mode, is that correct ? (JDAM2.trk)

regards

JDAM1.trkJDAM.trkTacview-20210424-222636-DCS-SAM Test.zip.acmi

JDAM2.trk

Edited by mnf1980
  • Like 1

• Mnf changed the title to JDAM in PP mode follow ATFLIR coordinate not the imbedded INS coordinates!

I did a 2x PP with an ATFLIR designating a 3rd point and both JDAMs went for their typed-in targets. I'll check your tracks.

EDIT: I can't look at tracks I think they're from a different version.

Edited by Frederf

I did a 2x PP with an ATFLIR designating a 3rd point and both JDAMs went for their typed-in targets. I'll check your tracks.
EDIT: I can't look at tracks I think they're from a different version.

Tracks from latest OP 2.7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks Frederf for your help

Track for Syria map.

I did further investigations and I noticed that putting Elevation before LAT/LON is doing this issue. 

if I start with LAT/LON first then elevation in PP mode, JDAMs will hit the targets correctly with/without ATFLIR.

Putting elevation first before LAT/LON in PP mode will cause one JDAM to hit the target and second one will miss (I'm not sure if the second JDAM is free falling without INS or following ATFLIR)