More accurate Apparat 27 - AJS37 RWR mod

Ever wanted more (accurate) blips and bloops in your favourite aircraft? We'll you're in luck my friend.
I present my "More accurate Apparat 27" ("MA-APP27" for short) mod.

This is my attempt to get more accurate RWR sounds in the Viggen. My goal with this was to get more, and more accurate sounds and sound durations based on each radars actual scan speed and PRF. Each radar I've added/ changed has been researched, unfortunately a lot of them are still classified or just impossible to find the needed data on. In cases where I could not find any data I copied data from a similar radar and and changed it slightly. Sometimes I just did something that felt "right", but tried to stay as close to reality as possible with my very limited radar knowledge.

The original files had 12 radars in it. Mine has 58.
While I would like to add more units, I'm sadly limited to what units the "wsTypes.lua" file has in it.

The mod currently have:

• 4 EWR
  • 21 SAM's
  • 9 ships
  • 18 aircraft (sadly player aircraft seem unaffected)
  • 3 AWACS
  • 3 active A-A missiles

The mod does seems to pass IC.

DOWNLOAD HERE

A "short" video I put together for you to get a sense of the mod.

Change log:

V1: Release
V2: New "ambulance tone"

Edited by MYSE1234
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

• MYSE1234 changed the title to More accurate Apparat 27 - AJS37 RWR mod

Especially that part with the SA-15 shows how off the original one seems to be as yours matches the frequency of the dish's rotation. You should maybe try getting into contact with Heatblur so this gets some quality improvement officially.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

3 hours ago, Eldur said:

Especially that part with the SA-15 shows how off the original one seems to be as yours matches the frequency of the dish's rotation. You should maybe try getting into contact with Heatblur so this gets some quality improvement officially.

I agree, getting something like this included officially would be nice 

A new version has been uploaded, "Version 2".
Changes are for the ambulance tone. The ambulance tone, was previously made using a 1000 and 2000Hz tone, alternating every 0,5 second. I have however found a video where I think you can hear it in a JA37.

The new ambulance tone has a 2300Hz tone for 0,2 sec, and a 3400Hz for 0,1 sec. It's not quite correct, due to limitations in how the sound is created, but it's very close..

• Like 2

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |