NWS HI bug in 2.7?

Japo32

HI!

Usually when I wanted to have the NWS HI I had to press the button and keep pressed, as if I unpress it it would change back to NWS normal.

Now in 2.7 in supercarrier I press once only the NWS button and it changes to HI without pressing it anymore, so I don't know if that is a bug or not. Didn't find anything related to this in the forums. 

Thanks! 

• ED Team

Hi,

please include a short example track replay 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

24 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi,

please include a short example track replay 

thanks

Yes. 

You can try yourself. This is only produced in the Stenis or the Supercarrier. I have made a mini mission with engines running in the Stenis. Also a track in cold and dark with the supercarrier. You can try yourself. Just open a F18 mission cold and dark in super carrier and once you have the HUD with one engine running (enough) just press the NWS but don't remain it pressed.

If I do this on land, there is no bug. 

F18NWS_HI_BUG_Stenis.miz NWS_HI_SuperCarrier.trk

Edited by Japo32

44 minutes ago, Japo32 said:

Usually when I wanted to have the NWS HI I had to press the button and keep pressed, as if I unpress it it would change back to NWS normal.

Now in 2.7 in supercarrier I press once only the NWS button and it changes to HI without pressing it anymore

when your wings are folded, you dont have to hold the button. if your wings are extended, you do have to hold the button.

edit: FoxTwo was faster 🙂

Edited by dorianR666
  • Like 1

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

51 minutes ago, Japo32 said:

And that is the normal behaviour? Because previously I had to maintain pressed with wings folded. If that is the normal behaviour, then perfect for me.

That is the correct behavior as described in the Hornet NATOPS. It's how it's always worked for me in game as well. 

• Like 2

Actually, unless something changed, the criterion was whether the wing handle was locked (in) or unlocked (out). You can have deployed wings, but if you leave the handle unlocked, you can have sticky NWS HI.

This is in DCS, I don't remember if it's different in IRL.

• Like 3

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Ok. But strange in the past I had to maintain pressed the NWS button while on carrier with wings folded. I am doing the Raven One campaign and was today in the 8th mission that noticed this change from what I had before.

In any case, thanks and nothing more to say.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Harker said:

This is in DCS, I don't remember if it's different in IRL.

Here's what NATOPS says:

"With the wing handle unlocked and nosewheel steering in the low mode, pressing the
nosewheel steering button causes the nosewheel steering to go to the high mode where it remains
without holding the button pressed."

So yah, it's the wing handle that determines how NWS works. I didn't know that before, cool. 

• Like 2

Here's what NATOPS says:

"With the wing handle unlocked and nosewheel steering in the low mode, pressing the
nosewheel steering button causes the nosewheel steering to go to the high mode where it remains
without holding the button pressed."

So yah, it's the wing handle that determines how NWS works. I didn't know that before, cool. 
Good to know it's working correctly, thanks for checking.
  • Like 2

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

• ED Team

thanks for the replies, yes this is correct as is.

thanks

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2