Su-25t cockpit reflections.

It is very nice that a patch was released to disable the reflections on the A10a glass. But why has this not been corrected in the Su-25t? Free so can it be broken?

Screen_210416_123926.jpg

Screen_210423_214730.png

This is HORRIBLE

Edited by TalRash
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/25/2021 at 12:15 AM, yarosh said:

Oh come on! It is not that bad 😛
I am sure great pilots like you can overcome such minor issue 😛

But seriously speaking I am pretty sure they will fix it in the upcoming patch.

thanks Yarosh.  You'll feel my r-73 on your ass.  Just when the reflections disappear because now I can't see anything.

Edited by TalRash

In SP, it's intermittent:

• first SP mission : reflections are ON
  • second SP mission: reflections are OFF

In MP, reflections are always ON.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

10 minutes ago, Bigounet said:

Eagle Dynamic have you planned real-time ray tracing reflections on canopies and on-board instruments?

Cannot be done "properly" with DX11, we will have to wait for Vulkan on that one.

I changed my mission times in SP to early mornings or late evenings to compensate for the issue. Around noon or early afternoon, forget it. I cannot even acquire a good lock (and look) on target since I'm not able to see it. By the time I can identify, I'm frequently too close to have a viable firing solution.

5 часов назад, Flappie сказал:

В SP это прерывисто:

• первая миссия SP : отражения включены
  • вторая миссия SP: отражения выключены

Exactly! Thanks a lot! 

But it's strange...

Will we have a chance to see the uniformity in reflection's behavior: in the first SP, the second one, in MP?

Also, why are the gauges getting reflected on the glass on the left? There's a glare shield blocking the line-of-sight between the instruments and the glass.

Unless it's treating the pilot as a mirror, the only thing that should be getting reflected is the glare shield.

EDIT: And especially the HUD and the glass in front of it! It shouldn't be possible to see the instrument panel getting reflected onto it - they don't have a line-of-sight to each other - the glare shield and the HUD itself is in the way, and they both reach far enough to cover the front section of the canopy. And can I see the control stick getting reflected onto the glass as well? How the jumping H. Christ is that getting reflected onto it?

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, PeevishMonkey said:

That's all. Final. The first, the second, etc. - are ON

(after the yesterday update)

Yes, indeed.

Now it's all about begging to have these reflections tweaked or to have an option to disable them.

Edited by Flappie
  • Like 2

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 2 weeks later...

2 months [TM] later… still same problem. Also in the MiG-21, can’t see a s**t depending on time and weather. In the A-10A it’s fixed, when will this crap be fixed in the rest? Hopefully before 2.7 stable release, as by now I personally chose stable actually.

• Like 1

cool, with the new update of stable to 2.7 this now means that the Su-25T is no more playable, as the reflections in the HUD are now in stable and in OB - Is there anyone in the Dev team doing checks before launching known bugs? *correction* it is the canopy behind the HUD that mirrors the stick which is even more  crazy.

Edited by Docsnuggles
  • Like 1

On 6/13/2021 at 7:13 AM, Gecky said:

I've stopped playing because of this, It's terrible

me too, just tested a few stuff, as the hind short, saw the MiG-21 & Su-25 are still bugged and went off for Il-2 again. ED is crap atm with this ignorance of known bugs.

Any update on this ETA?

Some of us purchased the Su-25T back before it was free too, and it used to be flyable and HUD wasn't obscured by opaque fake reflections...

Please tell us it's in the next hotfix?

If not enough staff/resources, please at least disable reflections for this plane as a temporary measure.

• Like 1

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods