Request: Bugtracker/thread labels

Noctrach

Dear HB,

I was wondering if it were possible to get something of a list of known issues for the Viggen and Tomcat. Alternatively, something like an "investigating" or "in progress" label on the respective threads on the bug reporting forums.

While I fully recognize you guys are part-time, some bugs seemingly go unnoticed or without response for a long time, in some cases more than a year.

For those of us actively testing and reporting bugs, it'd be nice to have some insight in which of them are known/recognized while we wait for the fix.

I really love your modules, but running into months-old, sometimes serious bugs and not knowing whether they are "difficult but pending a fix", WIP or unknown to the team gets a bit frustrating. 🙂

Examples are stuff like Viggen illumination bombs and Tomcat TWS behaviour.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Any bug posted on this forums is known to us and if feasible or really a bug, worked on eventually. We've been pondering the idea of a public bug tracker (we have an internal one) for a while, but at the moment it just isn't feasible for us. To be fully honest, it boils down a bit to me being distracted a bit from marking all the bug threads with other work (like campaign etc), I then sit down every now and then and do a whole lot, or go through most pages again to see what still classifies as such and update our internal tracker. In other words, my ability to reply to every single thread and comment shifts with the other workload a bit. But rest assured, every report gets read and worked on sooner or later. Unfortunately the list is always so full that some really take us years to get to. The new changes with a growing team will also help in speeding up this process.

I'll try to mark them a bit more frequently again. Thank you all for the brilliant reports. Without them we could have never fixed, what has been fixed in the meantime! You guys rock!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/