VR Controls (Binds still missing- Missing Trigger and Zoom)

StevanJ

Really appreciate the speed at which you guys implemented the Laser pointers.
Im proper chuffed to be able to press the buttons again, without putting my fist through my monitor.

However, they arent straight and dont align with my mouse cursor.
It really uncomfortable.

Were still missing the binds too.
Ie- Trigger, to shoot, and Buttons to zoom?
This means flying warbirds, or Heli's I have to fly one handed to shoot the trigger with spacebar.

• Like 1

• ED Team

Please let us know which headset and controllers. 

Reverb G2 tested fine for me. 

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hey Newy,

Same problem with me. Laser works GREAT again now, thanks for that. Unfortunately my thumbsticks and buttons dont work on the controllers either, nor do they register when I go to try and bind them myself in the UI layer. 

Oculus Quest 2 with the included controllers. My Reverb G2 is being returned in a few days so I will be able to test with those as well. But previously the thumbsticks worked natively to turn knobs when pushed left or right. 

Thanks Team!

• Thanks 1

F-14 / F/A-18 /FC3 / Huey / PG 

Steam Version - i7-10700, 2060 Super, 32 GB 3200 mhz RAM, Quest 2 (Virtual Desktop), Reverb G2

Hey @BIGNEWY as I just got my G2 back, and  the new Oculus AirLink is working I conducted some tests. 

Bear in mind I have the Steam version which asks me if I want to start with SteamVR, Flat or Oculus VR

Oculus Quest 2 with SteamVR through virtual desktop - Thumbstick not working not registering. 

Oculus Quest 2 with Oculus VR mode with the new air link - Thumbsticks working! 

HP Reverb G2 through SteamVR - Thumbstick not working not registering. 

Hope this helps nail down some of the issues

F-14 / F/A-18 /FC3 / Huey / PG 

Steam Version - i7-10700, 2060 Super, 32 GB 3200 mhz RAM, Quest 2 (Virtual Desktop), Reverb G2

• ED Team

I have just tested a fix for thumbsticks in the dev build for the reverb g2 hopefully it should be better in the next update. 

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks @BIGNEWY are we talking how you can't 'throw' a switch or knob either direction with the G2 controller presently?

You used to be able to use the hat on the controller to flip either direction, but right now it's only one direction, so I can only turn the battery to test, not to on . . . .

at least the laser came back . . . 

• 2 weeks later...

On Vive controllers with 2.7, neither trackpad presses nor menu buttons work. Only grip to show laser pointer and trigger to left/right click depending on laser color work.

On 2.6, left menu button showed game menu, and right menu button was VR zoom by default. I also had custom bindings on trackpad presses in UI Layer to left click / right click, scroll knobs without having to twist your hand like crazy. 2.7 broke the ability to bind (you can bind actions to Vive Controller buttons but they never get triggered). Please bring back the 2.6 behaviour, or better, make VR Controls the X-Plane way 🙂.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

But now the pilots hands are not properly tied to the controller, the virtual hands are higher than the controllers. Because of this, it is very difficult to fly the plane now. Does everyone have this or just me?

Основатель виртуальной =2nd Singing Squadron= в далеком 22 июне 2002

19 hours ago, DAVEY MORS said:

But now the pilots hands are not properly tied to the controller, the virtual hands are higher than the controllers. Because of this, it is very difficult to fly the plane now. Does everyone have this or just me?

Keep an eye on https://github.com/Copprhead/hotas-vr-controller/, it allows you to add a translation and rotation offset to the controllers. So you can change the alignment to whatever you like. It's not usable for your use-case at the moment as there is a bug that currently blocked the inputs of trigger + grip of the real controller. I planned to fix that problem in the next days. 

5 часов назад, Copprhead сказал:

Keep an eye on https://github.com/Copprhead/hotas-vr-controller/, it allows you to add a translation and rotation offset to the controllers. So you can change the alignment to whatever you like. It's not usable for your use-case at the moment as there is a bug that currently blocked the inputs of trigger + grip of the real controller. I planned to fix that problem in the next days. 

Thanks. I will wait.

Основатель виртуальной =2nd Singing Squadron= в далеком 22 июне 2002

• 8 months later...

Tested in the Hornet: When I grab the virtual joystick with VR controller and press the trigger - the trigger on the 3D model moves accordingly, but the gun doesn't fire.

I've tested in A-G mode with SMS/STORES/GUN checked to have the gun working in A-G mode, and in A-A/Gun mode. I can confirm that in both modes I can shoot just fine with my physical joystick, but when I try the virtual joystick with VR controllers it doesn't work.

• Windows 11 Pro, RTX4090 (24GB), 5950X @ 4.3GHz, 64GB RAM @ 3000MHz, M.2 SSD 8TB, Pimax Crystal
  • Modules and maps: All of 'em. (It's a problem...)

• 1 year later...