Wishlist..

StevanJ
Go to solution Solved by StevanJ,

On 5/27/2021 at 6:34 AM, Ignition said:

27. Option to disable ctrl+F11 on F10 map.

You can do that, just disable it in our Options panel and when you save missions, it will be enforced off.

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

On 5/25/2021 at 3:08 AM, Northstar98 said:

22.) - rework vehicle physics, such as the completely backwards suspension modelling, neutral pivoting for appropriate tanks, engine power, traction, braking etc.

22.1 That patients be rewarded by implementing all the things in 22.0. Its been a long time coming!!

10 hours ago, Shadow KT said:

You can do that, just disable it in our Options panel and when you save missions, it will be enforced off.

You can't force it in multiplayer, you can cheat super easy now.

Do you say when the mission its saved it forces this option for everyone?

Edited by Ignition

1 hour ago, Ignition said:

You can't force it in multiplayer, you can cheat super easy now.

Do you say when the mission its saved it forces this option for everyone?

Yes. 

Go to Options -> Misc -> Uncheck "F11 Free Camera".

Now any mission you make or re-save, will enforce this option. Both SP and MP. Obviously this is s server level restriction. So, whoever is running the server, hast to have this disabled.

'Shadow'

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

29. Standard Russian/Soviet soldier with PK/PKM machine gun - REDFOR also needs an infantryman equipped with a machine gun like the M249 soldier

30. Standard Russian/Soviet soldier with RPG-16 as an alternative to the paratrooper soldier

31. Standard American soldier with LAW or AT4 as equivalent to the Russian RPG-16 soldier

32. Pick-up trucks with various heavy machine gun like DShK, or even ZU-23 AA

33. BTR-60

34. BTR-70

35. Older MANPADs: FIM-43 Redeye, 9K32 Strela-2, 9K34 Strela-3,...

• Like 4

08.08.2021 в 14:48, Pilot Ike сказал:

30. Standard Russian/Soviet soldier with RPG-16 as an alternative to the paratrooper soldier

The RPG-16 is a light anti-tank weapon for the Soviet Airborne Forces. It was in service only with airborne, air assault (airmobile) units and army spetsnaz. Moreover, in the 1980s it was already outdated, and in the 1980s and 1990s it was replaced everywhere in the paratrooper units with the RPG-7D airmobile version.

Скрытый текст

Original in Russian

РПГ-16 – это ручной противотанковый гранатомёт для советских воздушно-десантных войск. Он состоял на вооружении только парашютно-десантных, десантно-штурмовых (аэромобильных) частей и армейского спецназа. Более того, в 1980-х годах он уже устарел, и в 1980–1990-х годах его повсеместно в десантных частях стали заменять на аэромобильную версию РПГ-7Д.

Edited by S.E.Bulba
UPD.

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use Google Translate.

First of all... that's a T-90 on the Combined Arms theme.

Second, if they want to do full fidelity ground assets, sure.... but that should not be Combined Arms. Combined Arms has different goals and should have different priorities, which do not include full fidelity vehicles.

Again, not against, but not under the presumption of being part of CA.

• Like 2

'Shadow'

1 hour ago, Shadow KT said:

First of all... that's a T-90 on the Combined Arms theme.

Second, if they want to do full fidelity ground assets, sure.... but that should not be Combined Arms. Combined Arms has different goals and should have different priorities, which do not include full fidelity vehicles.

Again, not against, but not under the presumption of being part of CA.

This is an aspect of DCS World that has never been clear to me. Take the WWII Assets pack as the example. The Assets pack includes a Tiger tank, but my understanding is that the Combined Arms module is what lets you drive it. So when you place a Tiger tank on a map to be included in a mission, what you see driving around obviously is the vehicle from the WWII Assets pack. But if you have CA and you click to drive the tank, are you driving the WWII Asset, or looking out through a view port in CA?

36. Possibility to embark infantery from chopper without the need to designate a pick up zone in mission editor (so possible to embark a human jtac that can move on battelfield and use chopper multicrew in convoying phase).

37. Add possibility to put infantery on carrier ship deck to embark them (for amphibious assault mission)

38. Rework ejected pilot so they can be moved with CA for recover.

39. Increase the time for IA tank to spot infantery in dense forest, city field

40. Possibility to choose the weapon when strike from a ship on coordinate (Main gun or cruise missile)

Edited by slyvenne
  • Like 4

On 8/10/2021 at 1:15 PM, Callsign112 said:

This is an aspect of DCS World that has never been clear to me. Take the WWII Assets pack as the example. The Assets pack includes a Tiger tank, but my understanding is that the Combined Arms module is what lets you drive it. So when you place a Tiger tank on a map to be included in a mission, what you see driving around obviously is the vehicle from the WWII Assets pack. But if you have CA and you click to drive the tank, are you driving the WWII Asset, or looking out through a view port in CA?

I know when I bought CA, it was to have direct control over vehicles, like a tank simulator (albeit a pretty bad one if I'm honest).

41.) Rework vehicle sights using the technology developed for the Mi-24P (just missing depth-of-field, and improved sight night illumination).

42.) Actually specify the round being fired with its proper designation and type in the UI and debriefing window (though for the debriefing window, just the round designation) instead of vague terms like 120mm AP, 120mm HE etc. So for example the 14.5 mm AP round used in the BRDM-2 and BTR-80 should be called "14.5 mm BZT - API-T". I have no idea whether or not the "100mm HE" in the T-55A refers to a HEAT-FS-T round (such as the 3BK5M) or an HEF-T round (like the BR-412D).

43.) Rework ammunition and weapon selection:

• For ammunition selection, they should be assigned to the 'select feed slot X' binding', though with more 'slots' added (I'd say at least 5), and then maybe rename them to something more generic (such as 'select ammo type 1,' 'select ammo type 2' etc, as well as a 'select next ammo type' and 'select previous ammo type' (these would need to cycle).
  • For weapon selection I think we should do away with the 'turret select' and 'turret weapon select' and instead have bindings for 'select next weapon,' 'select previous weapon,' which would cycle through each weapon. This keybind should exclusively change between different types of weapons, instead of selecting different ammunition types like it mostly does now (so primary armament (such as a tank's main gun), secondary armament (like the 2A72 in the BMP-3), coaxial MG, roof MG(s) and hull MG(s), obviously where applicable).

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 5

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/8/2021 at 4:12 PM, Shadow KT said:

Well, this is now possible!

Actually, no. I've tried that multiple times and players can still have a firing solution even when driving a BTR-80, M-113, etc. My guess is that a dedicated server reacts differently to setups and options configured in the ME. I see that in ARC frequencies and beacons for one example.

A huge +1 to all the above!!! Great ideas and wishes! I love the CA module and I've always had it included in all my missions to encourage more players to get on the fun wagon with the rest of us!

In that regard, I have a mission that will go online this Sunday around 1800 zulu if anyone is interested: Operation Close Air Support.

44.) Players should have access to all vehicles, especially, armoured ones. I wouldn't care much about driving a bus (not saying no if ED wants to sometime in the future), but combat vehicles are a must in my humble opinion.

Godspeed, ED!

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

On 9/9/2021 at 12:15 PM, Alpenwolf said:

Actually, no. I've tried that multiple times and players can still have a firing solution even when driving a BTR-80, M-113, etc. My guess is that a dedicated server reacts differently to setups and options configured in the ME. I see that in ARC frequencies and beacons for one example.

I don't know what's up on your side, but I've had this option enforced on one of my scenarios, which was ran on a dedicated server. I've also had this feature disabled on another dedicated server I played on, which was running a community mission.

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

• 4 weeks later...

45. Heavy machine gun AA guns. With Helicopter becoming more prevalent there is a need for at least a .50 cal and. Dshk  emplacement both  with and without cover (sand bags/logs etc) Light MG positions (Pk & GPMG) would be good and also Zpu 1/2/4.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DGC338 said:

45. Heavy machine gun AA guns. With Helicopter becoming more prevalent there is a need for at least a .50 cal and. Dshk  emplacement both  with and without cover (sand bags/logs etc) Light MG positions (Pk & GPMG) would be good and also Zpu 1/2/4.

I like this..
Imagine being the hero of the server, for going 'Rambo' on a Machine gun emplacement and taking down the guy in the Apache..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DGC338 said:

+1. We are currently really limited with what we can do in terms of covered positions in the ME.

46 (I m not sure if it has already been quote): possibility to send new order only if the ca unit is in radio coverage (range from command poste, obstacle).

47 add ability to relay communications for dedicated unit.

48 abiliyy to do EW to detect ennemy position or jam communication.

49 ability to move/deploy heavy sam site (s300/patriot)

On 8/13/2021 at 12:52 PM, slyvenne said:

Edited by slyvenne
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here are my 2 cents ( will edit if something else is coming back to my mind ) :

-General
  - Ability to entrench vehicles able to do so 
  - Ability to use smoke generator and defensive smoke grenades on vehicles able to do so
    - Smoke should be able to disrupt AI vision according to their capabilities
  - Ability to create/modify/disband Groups
  - Ability to restrict Group commanding to a specific commander slot ( eg : 1st platoon commander only have command on 1st platoon vehicles/mens )
    - Map visibility according to currently occupied commander slot

-Infantry
  - Ability to take direct command of any unit ( I don't care if they stay ugly looking and moving, this is not arma 3, but it will ve really helpful for recon purpose at least )
  - Suppression effect ( they are currently completely fearless ^^ )

-Artillery
  - Smoke barrage
  - Minefield laying barrage

-Boats / Subs
  - Ability to directly control them ( even in external view, "Cold Waters" style )

• Like 2

50)

Make it possible to use CA as a GCI tool. You don't see that much on the F10 map and certainly no missiles! GCI operators always alert friendly fighters of incoming missiles. That's rubbish and at least give us the option to disable it.

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

• 3 weeks later...

All this ideas! I love most of them. Also I do like that CA offers a kind of Arcade vehicle game in the DCS environment. Certainly there could and should be improvements but over all it is fun and works fairly well inside of a flight simulator.

My in CA wish would be a better control of vehicle formations (moving and combat) and the AI doing some better work in combat behaviour.

However, ED called it Digital Combat Simulator, so  I have a wish outside of CA. I would like to see some more simulation of vehicles like DCS does the planes, modules to buy. First in a Flaming Cliff style and simulation level - then, later as Hi-Fi modules.
This would also open another road of revenue for ED and chances for third party teams. And as the starter modules would be non-klickable they would be somewhat less work to make.
I have at least 5 Modules that would be instabuy for me.

Edited by murgel
forgot a point
  • Like 1