VAICOM Pro Breaks Communications Menu

DOMlNO

When I'm running Vaicom Pro I have to press the \ key several times to get the communications menu to come up, or go away.

If I run DCS alone I don't have this problem. If I run DCS and VoiceAttack I don't have this problem. If I run DCS, VoiceAttack and Vaicom I ALWAYS have this problem. Anyone know if there is a fix for this?

I'm on the latest version of Vaicom Pro and DCS Openbeta.

Thanks

Did you try?
1. Turn off VA
2. Repair DCS
3. Turn on VA with VAICOM Profile loaded on startup
4. Startup DCS

Apart from that. VAICOM doesn't use the comms menus. It talks with DCS over the network, unlike VA which only sends simple keyboard presses without a plugin like VAICOM.
VAICOM let's you hide the comms menu though, or access it by saying "options". Tried that?

If the list above didn't work, try this.
1. Turn off VA
2. Repair DCS
3. Delete export.lua under drive:\users\username\Saved Games\DCS.xxx\Scripts
MAKE A COPY FIRST!!!
4. Turn on VA with VAICOM Profile loaded on startup
5. Startup DCS

Hope this helps.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

had this a few time, for me it work to start Viacom first, do not start Voice Attack seperatly. Only Viacon is nessasary.
I get the Problem also when switching to desktop when running DCS and Viacom on the same Screen.

Hope it will help .)
How do you start VAICOM without VA, as VAICOM is a plugin for VA? Or do you simply mean to have the VAICOM profile as default for VA?
Or are you referring to the tray app?
Cheers!

vor 12 Minuten schrieb MAXsenna:

Did you try?
1. Turn off VA
2. Repair DCS
3. Turn on VA with VAICOM Profile loaded on startup
4. Startup DCS

Apart from that. VAICOM doesn't use the comms menus. It talks with DCS over the network, unlike VA which only sends simple keyboard presses without a plugin like VAICOM.
VAICOM let's you hide the comms menu though, or access it by saying "options". Tried that?

1. Turn off VA
2. Repair DCS
MAKE A COPY FIRST!!!
5. Startup DCS

Hope this helps. emoji4.png
Cheers!

How do you start VAICOM without VA, as VAICOM is a plugin for VA? Or do you simply mean to have the VAICOM profile as default for VA?
Or are you referring to the tray app?
Cheers!

I use Viacom Pro. I have a Simbol in my System tray, so i can start it directly. But to be honest, i cant remember how i did that 🙂 im gettin old

in the moment i start via the Viacom Pro button in my Tray, Voice attack starts also in the backgroundl. i may be a feature of the pro Version, not sure here.

Buid it last year and have never to re config it 🙂

I use Viacom Pro. I have a Simbol in my System tray, so i can start it directly. But to be honest, i cant remember how i did that im gettin old

in the moment i start via the Viacom Pro button in my Tray, Voice attack starts also in the backgroundl. i may be a feature of the pro Version, not sure here.
Buid it last year and have never to re config it
Right. You're using the tray app.
I'm asking because that might lead to confusion as VAICOM is a plugin, not an application in itself. And when people have issues like above, it's better to start VA with the VAICOM Profile selected as default or last used before DCS is started.
Cheers!

vor 43 Minuten schrieb MAXsenna:

Right. You're using the tray app.
I'm asking because that might lead to confusion as VAICOM is a plugin, not an application in itself. And when people have issues like above, it's better to start VA with the VAICOM Profile selected as default or last used before DCS is started.
Cheers! emoji4.png

ok got your piont 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

1. Turn off VA
2. Repair DCS
MAKE A COPY FIRST!!!
5. Startup DCS

I appreciate the quick and detailed reply. I thought I had made it pretty clear, the problem ONLY occurs when Vaicom is running. It DOES NOT occur if just DCS is running.

However, yes I've reset the .lua file. Yes I start VA first with the Vaicom profile loaded as the default. This is a brand new install of DCS, just downloaded the Open Beta and installed it the other day.

Really easy to reproduce, and clear to see it's something Vaicom (maybe VA) is doing for some reason.

Edited by DOMlNO

8 hours ago, DOMlNO said:

When I'm running Vaicom Pro I have to press the \ key several times to get the communications menu to come up, or go away.

If I run DCS alone I don't have this problem. If I run DCS and VoiceAttack I don't have this problem. If I run DCS, VoiceAttack and Vaicom I ALWAYS have this problem. Anyone know if there is a fix for this?

I'm on the latest version of Vaicom Pro and DCS Openbeta.

Thanks

I've had this problem for a long long time. I've learned to live with it. I just push the \ key twice as needed. The usual shutdown VA, repair DCS, restart VA, restart DCS advice has no impact.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

1 hour ago, sthompson said:

I've had this problem for a long long time. I've learned to live with it. I just push the \ key twice as needed. The usual shutdown VA, repair DCS, restart VA, restart DCS advice has no impact.

Well that sucks, but doesn't surprise me. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I did some more experimenting and it seems to be worse on some scenarios than others, it's very annoying but probably won't use it much once I get more experience with the verbal commands.

Well that sucks, but doesn't surprise me. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I did some more experimenting and it seems to be worse on some scenarios than others, it's very annoying but probably won't use it much once I get more experience with the verbal commands.
Aha! I misunderstood you somewhat then.
It's easy to "fix" then. We'll, how I do it anyway.
Check "Hide menus" in the VAICOM control panel and the menu is gone.
To get it back, press a TX and say "options" while keep pressing the TX, and then either say "Take X", use F keys or mouse.
I believe there's a way to go further into sub menus by saying "Options ATC" or something, but I keep forgetting that.
Hope this is somewhat what your looking for, but like you said, it's better to learn the commands/syntax, but sometimes you cannot avoid the menus for special F10 commands and helicopter cargo loading etc.

Cheers!

• 1 year later...
On 4/22/2021 at 6:35 AM, sthompson said:

Not sure if this helps, but I've been having an issue where the menu shows up each time I hit one of my assigned VAICOM tx buttons, and won't go away (unless I release the button and then hit F12 on the keyboard). However I've just found as a workaround, if I do what I want with VAICOM, and then press the button again and say 'options' that as soon as I release the tx button, the menu disappears. (Kinda the opposite way it's supposed to work). 😄

I've done the usual delete export.lua, repair DCS, set the custom path, etc - none has fixed, but at least I have a 'work around' now that still allows me to use the menu with the keyboard/keybindings as well (which I need for macro's for certain CTLD operations). Hope this helps you or someone else down the track as a bit of a workaround.

Edit: Apparently this only work-arounds in some modules. The UH-1 that I tried today just still has the flashing menu issue. Repaired DCS, removed mods, deleted exports.lua file with no impacts.

Edited by Dangerzone

Not sure if this helps, but I've been having an issue where the menu shows up each time I hit one of my assigned VAICOM tx buttons, and won't go away (unless I release the button and then hit F12 on the keyboard). However I've just found as a workaround, if I do what I want with VAICOM, and then press the button again and say 'options' that as soon as I release the tx button, the menu disappears. (Kinda the opposite way it's supposed to work). 
I've done the usual delete export.lua, repair DCS, set the custom path, etc - none has fixed, but at least I have a 'work around' now that still allows me to use the menu with the keyboard/keybindings as well (which I need for macro's for certain CTLD operations). Hope this helps you or someone else down the track as a bit of a workaround.
Edit: Apparently this only work-arounds in some modules. The UH-1 that I tried today just still has the flashing menu issue. Repaired DCS, removed mods, deleted exports.lua file with no impacts.
Have you unselected "hide menus" in the VAICOM control panel and mapped the VAICOM TXs as the same physical radio/PTT buttons in the modules?
If yes, this is the behaviour you will get.

Cheers!

3 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Have you unselected "hide menus" in the VAICOM control panel and mapped the VAICOM TXs as the same physical radio/PTT buttons in the modules?
If yes, this is the behaviour you will get.

Cheers!

I have hide menus unselected (always have in the past) as I use my keyboard or macro's often to do CTLD stuff. The PTT button stuff though - I'll have to double check that. Strange thing is it seems to depend on the module. Some modules have the menu show, then disappear, then show again, then disappear on their owns. Others have it show once, but not disappear, and if I click F12 to exit it won't show up again (or not for a long time). 

Since it's behaving differently depending on the module - it makes me think you might be onto something as far as the button mapping - I'll double check that for the modules. Thanks heaps for the suggestion!!!

I have hide menus unselected (always have in the past) as I use my keyboard or macro's often to do CTLD stuff. The PTT button stuff though - I'll have to double check that. Strange thing is it seems to depend on the module. Some modules have the menu show, then disappear, then show again, then disappear on their owns. Others have it show once, but not disappear, and if I click F12 to exit it won't show up again (or not for a long time). 
Since it's behaving differently depending on the module - it makes me think you might be onto something as far as the button mapping - I'll double check that for the modules. Thanks heaps for the suggestion!!!
No problem.
I just had the same issue, as I had mapped the the PTTs for some testing.
I have all modules, so I can check the ones you have issues with if the problem persists.
Tip though, instead of pressing F12, just say "Take twelve".

Cheers!

• Thanks 1