• ChillNG changed the title to Campaign updates

Have to say I'm really pleased with the transition to 2.7, initial testing of Persian Freedom hasn't found any new bugs introduced by the update and all seems to be working really well.

Clouds have also updated across really well and are close to the original settings pre 2.7.  That said, due to the cloud coverage now being increased significantly there are the occasional moments where something important can be obscured from view, in addition missions 6 and 11 also use triggers tied to the cloud altitudes...so a little bit of tweaking has been required and submitted for update. 

Hopefully you'll see these updates arrive on your systems soon.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Shimvolski said:

Hi ChillNG, did the updates for cloud altitudes in mission 6 and 11 get updated in today’s patch?  I didn’t see anything in the patch notes?

I've not heard anything 😕 , I’ll be chasing it up tonight.

Hello Guys. I'm currently on this amazing campaing. I'm stuck in mission 11, Scud alley, and I can not find the JTAC. I get the VHF FM radio homming, but bars in ADI do not move. I kept flying from several miles around WP11 (SEARCH 9) and no luck.

What am I missing here?

Scud_alley_snapshot.png

I fly a ka-50 so i'm not in danger... I AM the danger! :joystick:

1 hour ago, paloncho said:

Hello Guys. I'm currently on this amazing campaing. I'm stuck in mission 11, Scud alley, and I can not find the JTAC. I get the VHF FM radio homming, but bars in ADI do not move. I kept flying from several miles around WP11 (SEARCH 9) and no luck.

What am I missing here?

Scud_alley_snapshot.png

Not sure on why you are having issues with ADF...be good to know if it's worked ok for others.  You should be able to carry on the mission even without locating the signal, you are free to depart at any time once the option is added to the F10 menu.  However should yo really want to find the JTAC (and it's worth doing so!) then the required location is shown below. 

However the thing I love about this mission is that things change depending on your altitude.  If you had to search for the JTAC it's because you are above the cloud in the safer route through the mission (assuming the cloud pre-set has copied across ok for 2.7 - still waiting on the update to hit).  If you approach this section below the cloud there's no need to hunt as the JTAC can see you and will call you directly!  For reference 'above the cloud' is set as above 9350 feet, whenever lower than this in the mission the interactions with the special forces change, and more things may be revealed...but of course it is far more dangerous!

LOCATION - SPOILER ALERT!

Screen_210506_192928.png

After the instruction to track down the JTAC you need to be in this zone, with the FM radio set to 33.6 FM to trigger it.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, ChillNG said:

Not sure on why you are having issues with ADF...be good to know if it's worked ok for others.  You should be able to carry on the mission even without locating the signal, you are free to depart at any time once the option is added to the F10 menu.  However should yo really want to find the JTAC (and it's worth doing so!) then the required location is shown below. 

However the thing I love about this mission is that things change depending on your altitude.  If you had to search for the JTAC it's because you are above the cloud in the safer route through the mission (assuming the cloud pre-set has copied across ok for 2.7 - still waiting on the update to hit).  If you approach this section below the cloud there's no need to hunt as the JTAC can see you and will call you directly!  For reference 'above the cloud' is set as above 9350 feet, whenever lower than this in the mission the interactions with the special forces change, and more things may be revealed...but of course it is far more dangerous!

LOCATION - SPOILER ALERT!

Screen_210506_192928.png

After the instruction to track down the JTAC you need to be in this zone, with the FM radio set to 33.6 FM to trigger it.

Hello ChillNG.

Thanks a lot for your response. I can confirm that I got below the clouds in WP5 if I'm not mistaken, after a call from one JTAC that had contacts to the west of a town that I can recall the name now, and there were several manpads, AAA, infantry and truks. After that, got back to 15000 ft (baro) and got that noisy call in the VHF FM radio. I was flying for several minutes but could not find it (no clue on the VHF FM ADF).

So, I see the search radio zone is north-east of WP 11, correct?

Cheers!

I fly a ka-50 so i'm not in danger... I AM the danger! :joystick:

58 minutes ago, paloncho said:

Hello ChillNG.

Thanks a lot for your response. I can confirm that I got below the clouds in WP5 if I'm not mistaken, after a call from one JTAC that had contacts to the west of a town that I can recall the name now, and there were several manpads, AAA, infantry and truks. After that, got back to 15000 ft (baro) and got that noisy call in the VHF FM radio. I was flying for several minutes but could not find it (no clue on the VHF FM ADF).

So, I see the search radio zone is north-east of WP 11, correct?

Cheers!

You got it, just fly into there with the radio set and all should work.

• Like 1

Persian Freedom update 20/05/21:

-Campaign weather updated to new presets.

-Player readme updated with missing credit.

-Mission 2: Updated wingman behaviour to prevent wrong target being attacked.

-Mission 3: Updated trigger to prevent a bug due to vehicle pathfinding changes.

-Mission 6: Modified trigger to stop event on RTB activating early.

-Mission 11: Removed floodlight causing issue with Chinook landing at Lavan.

-Mission 16: Added missing frequency to kneeboard.

• Like 1