UV Map Converter Tool

Etten

With the release of DCS 2.7 a new feature has been added to the Model Viewer that allows exporting of the UV map of any given texture. This map aids on the creation of liveries for units that don’t have an official texture template, like ground units.

This UV map is generated by the Model Viewer as a comma-separated values (.csv) file, a text file containing a set of coordinates. To make it usable for livery making it needs to be converted into an image, this tool does this conversion.

Download, installation and usage instructions are available on this GitHub page:

https://github.com/Ettenmure/dcs-uv-converter

Please note that this initial release is an alpha with limited functionality and bugs are expected.

If you do encounter an error, please report it providing the error message and the names of the model and texture that you’re working with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, uboats said:

how to generate the UV map?

The UV map is generated from the Model Viewer textures panel, there are instructions on how to do it on the “Exporting the UV map in Model Viewer” section of the GitHub page.

You also have to be in DCS 2.7 to see the “UV to file” button, older versions of the Model Viewer can’t generate the UV map.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Etten said:

The UV map is generated from the Model Viewer textures panel, there are instructions on how to do it on the “Exporting the UV map in Model Viewer” section of the GitHub page.

You also have to be in DCS 2.7 to see the “UV to file” button, older versions of the Model Viewer can’t generate the UV map.

thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• 8 months later...

So, I've generated the UV Map, no problems there was a painless procedure. 

Now, the issue I'm encountering is trying to pull that generated SVG file over into Photoshop for use as a "mesh" layer so I can get a feel for what needs to go where.

Is there any guide available, or someone in the know that might be able to provide me some guidance?

On 1/20/2022 at 3:28 AM, AngryEchoSix said:

So, I've generated the UV Map, no problems there was a painless procedure. 

Now, the issue I'm encountering is trying to pull that generated SVG file over into Photoshop for use as a "mesh" layer so I can get a feel for what needs to go where.

Is there any guide available, or someone in the know that might be able to provide me some guidance?

The image is now generated as .svg to make the tool faster but it works as it did before. When you load the image as a layer on your template Photoshop (or GIMP) will convert it to a raster image.

You can do that by either dragging the image to the template from the file explorer or loading it via the menus. In Photoshop ‘File > Place embedded’ and in GIMP ‘File > Open as layers’.

From there you can adjust the blend mode and opacity of the layer to suit your needs.

• Like 2