Remove Triple-Screen Bezels with ASUS ROG Bezel-Free Kit.

I bought the ASUS Bezel-Free kit a few months ago, hoping they would work.  Even though my specific monitors were not listed in their recommended monitors list.  And the angle of my monitors also did not match their specs.  I did have to mod them to work for me.  And they are expensive for being plastic.  But I am really happy I got them.  Opinions may vary, but I would be either looking at 3/4 inch black bezels, or this.  (I have mounted the side monitors bezels behind the center monitor's bezel to hide their bezels, giving me a smaller overall bezel to be seen between the monitors.  This does cause some lines not to line up.  But it's a trade-off with all of this anyway.)

When I got this kit, the plastic was about 4 inches wide, and would be too large of an image adjustment.  So I set them up so I could see they were too large, but if I cut a bit off of each side(the center of the strip bends the image left and right.  So you have to cut them from the sides and keep the center part.)  While they were on my screens I judged exactly where I could cut the sides off to hide the bezel from view as I sat in my chair.  I ended up keeping about 1.5 inches, or 3/4 inch on each side of center.  The cutting was tricky as the plastic was easily chipped or cracked.  I started with some tests on my bandsaw, and just cut a little bit off the side to see how it worked.  I ended up leaving the protective film on that covers both sides, and clamped the plastic between two boards for stability as I cut.  I also put a fine cut blade on my bandsaw.  The result was acceptable, and I did a tiny bit of sanding with fine grit.

Then, when I was 'done', I realized they would not fit in the clamps that came with the kit.  But that is an easy fix.  Just find some way to mount them..  I just cut some wood to wedge in to the clamps to hold them.  But any solution that works...  And I much prefer the result, better than black bezels.  There are lot's of good and bad reviews out there.  But I think the bad reviewers didn't want to make them work, or maybe they didn't work at all for them.  But they were way off for me from the start, and I made them work to my liking.

IMG_20200929_121418084_1280x720.jpg

IMG_20210127_111502835_1280x720.jpg

IMG_20210127_111450897_1280x720.jpg

This is the right side.  You can see at the top where I had a little accident and cut into the plastic a bit too far.  You can also see it above.  But I'll live with it...

IMG_20210127_172030601_1280x720.jpg

I had to cut some blocks to match the contour of the monitors joint and hold the plastic out, into the correct position.

IMG_20200929_140328301_1280x720.jpg

Edited by Snacko
  • Like 1

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

2 hours ago, jskibo said:

Interesting, but nothing listed for 70" 🙂

😮  Whoa!  You have 70 " triple screens?

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

Hmm..  well, you've already spent a bundle on your system.  I'd buy 2 kits and try to combine them somehow (tape at first?) and you could definitely get something working.  But you can't move your monitors around or it's fubar.

3 minutes ago, Snacko said:

Hmm..  well, you've already spent a bundle on your system.  I'd buy 2 kits and try to combine them somehow (tape at first?) and you could definitely get something working.  But you can't move your monitors around or it's fubar.

Going to look more into this.  Thanks for posting about it and how it works!

I think the main problem you may need to solve is how to keep them the same distance from your screens all the way down.  But since it's bending the light away from the bezels, you could slide something between the bezels to push or hold them out, and it would be mostly hidden with the bezels.

27 minutes ago, Snacko said:

I think the main problem you may need to solve is how to keep them the same distance from your screens all the way down.  But since it's bending the light away from the bezels, you could slide something between the bezels to push or hold them out, and it would be mostly hidden with the bezels.

Yes.  I need to get the level out and tweak them  The mounts are very adjustable and that picture was taken last year after I just moved it all downstairs (used to run a two PJ Simpit setup using FlyElise, but wife said she wanted it out of the office).  I've run triples for years and really prefer them.