Where do you get 2.7 from ?

2Tone

8 minutes ago, 2Tone said:

No idea where or how to do this

Do you use steam or standalone?

With steam right click DCS World in library -> properties -> betas -> select open beta

With standalone I think it's done via DCS Updater

Edited by XPACT

28 minutes ago, 2Tone said:

i use the standalone and have checked the updater but cannot find it as i am useless

Assuming you're on windows, and your game is installed somewhere like D:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World

Open the command prompt (windowns menu and type "cmd" if you don't know how to use it) and run the following:

cd D:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin

^^ substituting the location if your game is installed somewhere else (if it has a space you might need quotes around the path), e.g. cd "C:\Program Files\DCS World\bin"

Then run:

./DCS_updater.exe update @openbeta

Fly fast and leave a pretty wreck

How to update DCS Stable to DCS Open Beta ?

Steam:

1. Open Steam and go to your library
2. Right click on DCS and select properties
3. Select the betas tab and chose "openbeta - Public beta versions"
4. Download the update.

Standalone:

1. Go into the dcs\bin folder
2. Hold Lshift and right click somerwhere in the folder
3. Click on "open PowerShell here"
4. Type .\DCS_updater.exe update '@openbeta' and press enter
5. Download the update

Screenshot_161.pngScreenshot_164.png

Edited by Mike_Romeo
  • Like 5

My skins

Well... it's the 3th time i post this today:

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

On 4/20/2021 at 5:49 AM, SquidgyB said:

There's a few options to do so for standalone in this thread - 3rd party tools or CMD line options:

On 4/20/2021 at 5:56 AM, MAXsenna said:

If you have the disk space. Run both!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

There is an easier way. Open the main game folder, then bin and the updater is right there.

opFg4mM.png

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

There is an easier way. Open the main game folder, then bin and the updater is right there.

opFg4mM.png
Absolutely!
It's just more convenient to have both iterations installed at the same time. IF one has the disk space. AND I share the mods and input folders in "Saved Games", to save space and some convenience. That was my point.
And the updator? Well, an easier way, if one doesn't have the disk space. Is to use Skatezilla's absolutely fantastic app, to switch between both!
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

It's funny how the thread preview of the Updater GUI shows a screenshot with an error message rdlaugh.png

That tool basically does the cmd/ps work for you. I'm also quicker just punching in the commands, but many might not be comfortable with that. Just running the updater itself won't make DCS change the brand though. To get from Stable to Open Beta or back you'd have to append parameters to it or let the tool do all that for you.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg