HELP ABOUT THIS PROBLEM : not authorized A 10 C II tank killer message

mosqui

6 hours ago, mosqui said:

Good night, I'm still waiting for some help from someone in the community who can lend a hand. No one has this problem with A 10 C II tank Killer in worls 2.7 ?. Doesn't anyone get this message?. I'd appreciate help 

I would have a guess that an antivirus program (Avast, Windows Defender or other) is locking the file in question and not allowing it to be accessed (ACCESO DENEGADO or Access Denied) in log.

Solution:

1. Add an exception for the DCS directory to the list of directories not to be scanned by your antivirus program or disable your virus scanner whilst doing any DCS update.
  2. Check the directory "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\_downloads\Mods/aircraft/A-10C_2/bin/Cockpit_A10C_2.dll" to see if the "Cockpit_A10C_2.dll file even exists, if not, your antivirus may have moved it into a quarantine area, if is is there delete it and rerun the DCS_updater.
  3. Still not fixed, recheck you update log to see if your getting the same error message as listed below or any new type of error and re-post.
  4. In that BIN directory there needs to be 4 DLL files, A10.dll, Cockpit_A10C.dll, Cockpit_A10C_2.dll and Cockpit_A10Common.dll.

Your DCS log exert:

00016.094 ERROR: UNPACK_FAIL: (3552)->[FileError: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\_downloads\Mods/aircraft/A-10C_2/bin/Cockpit_A10C_2.dll: (5) Acceso denegado.
] C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\_downloads\Mods/aircraft/A-10C_2/bin/Cockpit_A10C_2.dll
00017.242 STATUS: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\_downloads\Mods/aircraft/A-10C_2/bin/Cockpit_A10C_2.dll: (5) Acceso denegado.

Regards, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC
  • Thanks 1

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Good morning, I have done what you indicate in your answer and I confirm the existence of the files in the bin folder and I have left the antivirus without access to the DCS folder. Now everything works. Thanks again for your great help Maddog

20 hours ago, mosqui said:

Now everything works. Thanks again for your great help Maddog

No probs, good to see your up and going again.

Cheers, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.