HARM PB shots guiding to wrong emitter

Zergburger

(apologies if this should've been posted in weapons section instead of FA-18)

Flew a mission tonight that had 3x SA-2 sites in a line 20-miles apart perpendicular to the vector of attack. Behind these sites were a pair of SA-6 sites 6-miles apart.

ALL SAM SITES HAD WAYPOINTS DIRECTLY ON TOP OF THEIR RADAR SITES.

Using HARM PB (A/C Pullup) we had 3 separate hornets prosecuting the Fan Songs at the same time, all hornets engages from ~30k MSL at around 30 miles. The HARM from the center aircraft made a hard turn (~50 degrees azimuth) off the rail and went for the righthand most SA-2 site, which he had not designated nor was he facing.

The SA-6 prosecution did not fair any better. with 2 hornets designated on separate sites; the first HARM guided on the correct site, but the second HARM fired by the other hornet decided to guide on the wrong SA-6 radar, then switched to the correct site after the one it was targeting was destroyed. Cool to see flex-logic working, sad to see it working when there's a large bug in the mix.

Attached is a zipped ACMI of the shots

Trackfile too large to attach, google drive link included: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KBvV5mbKeb8kevJLNKnt41PitKY_r9i0/view?usp=sharing

Bugged HARM PBclipped.zip

• ED Team

Hi,

sadly the track replay wont play correctly for me. 

Is it possible to reproduce in single player? 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I will try and ask my wingmen for their tracks, otherwise it will probably be a week before we run the mission again.

If you view the ACMI file you will see the harms obviously misguiding. although i know you can't extrapolate causal factors, at least you will be able to verify that it's a true bug.

EDIT: attached is server track

server-20210419-185857.trk

Edited by Zergburger

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Hi

sorry but the server track wont allow us to use f1 view on the aircraft. We would need a client track. 

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Just found an open report on the same subject. 

it is reported already, thank you