Deck Crew different textures left/right eye

Sharkku

In VR.

Deck Crew has slightly different textures in left and right eye. This gives an unpleasant shimmering effect when looking at them in VR. It's almost as if they use different LOD textures for right and left eye, respectively. Differences can be subtle, like patches in slightly different positions, or more apparent, like details like collars and creases visible in one eye and not the other. It depends on the viewing angle and distance, but it's very apparent on the closest greenshirt when viewed from an F/A-18 hooked up to the catapult.

Using the Index HMD. And options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = false in autoexec.cfg.

Deck crew shimmer VR.trk

Edited by Sharkku
Added .trk-file
  • Like 2

Same here (Valve Index user too).

Not only the Deck Crew there are more objects with same problem of rendering different in both eyes, resulting in the effect you described. It get my eyes tired. 

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Same here, very annoying to my eyes.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO WiFi AC / i7-8700K@5.0 GHz / 2xM.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 1Tb / 4xCorsair 8Gb (32Gb) DDR4@3000 MHz / 2xGeforce GTX 1080 Ti + 1Geforce GTX 680 / SoundBlaster Fatal1ty / Windows 10 Home x64 / TM Warthog / TM TPR Pedals / Oculus Rift / Samsung UE32EH5000W

Same. Also little details like the mic and headset cord are sometimes only rendered in one eye too

• Like 1

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have the same issue with deck crew being projected differently in left and right eye. There are several objects in DCS that have this problem. This is a serious VR bug that should not happen as it causes eye strain and headache. We know VR is a relatively new technology and that performance still needs to be optimized, but rendering different pictures in the left and right eye is simply not acceptable in VR.

• Like 2

On 5/2/2021 at 8:42 PM, Sharkku said:

Is this bug reported yet?

It think that´s a negative 😞

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

13 hours ago, Nealius said:

There appears to be a DCS-wide LOD issue in VR. One LOD in one eye and a different LOD in the other. Effects bomb craters as well.

That´s correct.

Sometimes in VR i go to the back of the ship to the observation deck below and some 3D objects like the place where the ropes pass (don´t know the proper name) it´s different in each eye. That´s one example but there are more 3D objects with same issue.

• ED Team

I have reported issues with a slight difference with left and right eye, trees, shadows, buildings and the team are working on it. 

Regarding the crew, I am not seeing this issue in my G2. That is not to say it isnt happening, just I am not seeing it on my hardware / settings. 

Its possible my initial report is related so once I have tested a fix I will let you all know. 

thanks

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...
On 4/20/2021 at 2:14 AM, Sharkku said:

In VR.

Deck Crew has slightly different textures in left and right eye. This gives an unpleasant shimmering effect when looking at them in VR. It's almost as if they use different LOD textures for right and left eye, respectively. Differences can be subtle, like patches in slightly different positions, or more apparent, like details like collars and creases visible in one eye and not the other. It depends on the viewing angle and distance, but it's very apparent on the closest greenshirt when viewed from an F/A-18 hooked up to the catapult.

Using the Index HMD. And options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = false in autoexec.cfg.

Deck crew shimmer VR.trk 351.38 kB · 16 downloads

same for me with my G2.

hope ED will solve it

• 1 month later...