Wake Turbulence Affects Smoke

spacefish

In the DCS wake turbulence video, there are some cool visualizations of a slice of air being disturbed by passing aircraft. This looks to all occur in-engine, so to a layman like myself it seems that extending the wake-turbulence onto smoke particles wouldn't be a wholly impossible task. It's entirely possible that I am just too damn stupid with regards to this, so maybe someone could chime in if I seem to be off in my thinking.

Wake Turbulence Video:

In the DCS wake turbulence video, there are some cool visualizations of a slice of air being disturbed by passing aircraft. This looks to all occur in-engine, so to a layman like myself it seems that extending the wake-turbulence onto smoke particles wouldn't be a wholly impossible task. It's entirely possible that I am just too damn stupid with regards to this, so maybe someone could chime in if I seem to be off in my thinking.

Wake Turbulence Video:

Yeah it's possible but pc's wouldn't handle that... I think nineline wrote something into comments on this topic.

Send from my Poco F2

Ryzen 9 5900x | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | 32GB RAM 

16 hours ago, Bobik2002 said:

Yeah it's possible but pc's wouldn't handle that... I think nineline wrote something into comments on this topic.

Send from my Poco F2

Yeah that's what I figured. Does it look cool? Sure, but right now, it'd kill performance, and right now, DCS needs to maintain optimal performance for as many people as possible.

That said, it may be in the works with the clouds updates to come. I highly doubt it's going to stay just in the realm of the clouds, odds are they'll make improvements to other particle effects as well, such as smoke, fire, and even ship wakes

• Like 1