INS not turning on?

TheNumberJ

Hello, sorry if this is something dumb I'm doing on my end; I just picked up the M2000 this weekend... but I've tried to follow several guides including the M2000 guide from RAZBAM but I can't seem to turn on the INS to accept input for initial alignment. 

Testing in a custom mission on Syria.

Battery is On.

On the PSM I select VEI for the mode selector; and set PCN Operational mode to N... at this point every guide/tutorial says the PCN should be ready for input; but the LCD screens never turn on.

I was only able to faintly see the LCD screens after fully starting the engine. I could not find any way to turn up the brightness on the PCN display.

Any ideas? Am I missing a step for power? or is this a new bug with 2.7?

1 hour ago, TheNumberJ said:

I was only able to faintly see the LCD screens after fully starting the engine. I could not find any way to turn up the brightness on the PCN display.

Any ideas? Am I missing a step for power? or is this a new bug with 2.7?

IIRC PCN now requires ground power or the engine running.

Not sure why you can't read the LCD as they are usually quite bright - the PCN does have it's own brightness control.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

3 minutes ago, Ramsay said:

IIRC PCN now requires ground power or the engine running.

Not sure why you can't read the LCD as they are usually quite bright - the PCN does have it's own brightness control.

ty; I had not seen anywhere about the ground power being needed before; I'll give that a try to see if that helps. That does line up with me only being able to faintly see it after getting the engine on. Perhaps at that point I has already messed with the TST/Lum dial and turned it way down without realizing.

I have a similar issue, I can't get the digits to come up on the INS display. I have tried 2 different startup procedures (which must be out of data as they came out before 2.7) and nothing works.

By accident I did get the display to come up (no idea what I pressed) but even then the number son the keypad did nothing - are they supposed to be animated because they are not moving when I press them - neither do the PREP and DEST buttons.

If anyone can point to a Post 2.7 INS alignment tutorial that would be great.

1 minute ago, stoop said:

That would be nice; but we might be waiting a bit seeing as 2.7 came out less than a week ago.

Does make it a bit more difficult for those of us who picked up the M2000 on the 2.7 Launch Sale... lol

27 minutes ago, stoop said:

There's this one in French

AFAIK nothing much has changed with alignment other than than the need to use WP 1-20 for the initial alignment i.e.

• enter initial co-ordinates and altitude into PREP 20

• validate to start the alignment

• switch to Nav mode once complete

Edited by Ramsay
  • Like 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

21 minutes ago, TheNumberJ said:

That would be nice; but we might be waiting a bit seeing as 2.7 came out less than a week ago.

Does make it a bit more difficult for those of us who picked up the M2000 on the 2.7 Launch Sale... lol

Ha! yes that is what I did and almost immediately regretted it when I had these problems.  I have played around a bit more and can get the digits to come up and kick off the INS alignment process I think but I don't see a countdown percentage like the old Grim Reapers video shows and have no real clue when/if the alignment has completed.

11 minuti fa, stoop ha scritto:

have no real clue when/if the alignment has completed.

To check the alignment put the PSM to STS, or check che ALN light in the PCN: 

Yellow Blinking: not started

Yellow Steady: aligning

Green Blinking: aligned class 4

Green Steady: aligend class 1