Mission 6 Comms problem?

Hi, I finally managed to pass mission 5. Now on this one, after the radio checks, the channels remain entirely dead. Is this by design? I was on time, on the right place, but pressing the space bar did not trigger the script it should. I have tried "untouched" comms (1 on pri, 1 on aux) and pri on 1, aux on 2. Tried it the other way 'round as well. Is it broken? Am I doing it wrong?

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

• 8 months later...

The comms worked well for me on the mission. All the way until switch to tower for the recovery. I'm not sure if I was supposed to actually switch to tower again or stay on marshal. I thought the game required staying on the carriers marshal freq to get all the proper recovery comms. I never got the deck is charlie call and got a no grade do to improper comms. I also could not kiss off my wingman do to that transition to tower not working. going to try it again, but change to tower freq when directed.

As far as mission specific comms: If it is transmitted by a helicopter, I will say I nearly took out a heli when launching on cat 2. it was out infront of the boat low and in my way. Maybe that could have messed it up for you? 

Also, I think a lot of the comms scripts are triggered by locations. Not being in the right spot seems to cause some problems from time to time. I noticed on this mission they wanted waypoint 2, tacan 210 radial at 30. Since the boat is moving, that tacan reading wont line up with waypoint 2 after the boat has moved a bit. I ignored the tacan and hit waypoint 2 to circle. 

I switched comm 1 to tower before clicking the comms option to push from waypoint 2. And was very quick on my startup and launch(note the warning about taking too long to takeoff)

Update, I also got the comms for landing to work on a second playthrough. I had to enter the stack and wait for "Clam" to land, then my wingman and I got clearance to land. (stayed on preset 10, Marshal)

Edited by tech_op2000

Thanks for the report.

Yeah, a lot of things happening in all the campaigns rely on player being in the specific place (usually as part of the flight plan), so it is advised to follow your orders and fly where told to fly without taking shortcuts if possible. We have only limited number of ways to push action forward at a specific time and the most useful one is player being in a certain zone 🙂

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png