Cloud Shadows on the sea

Jafergon

Before 2.5.6 shadows used to cast shadow on the surface of the sea. I really liked the effect. With 2.7 there are still no cloud shadows on the sea, only the speculars and reflections are affected, but not the diffuse component of the water. I love the new cloud shadows on land and I think the same offect over water woud be really cool.

índice.jpg

skyfall-followthesun-clouds-shadow-sea-summer-f-2-10-2017-3-13-45-pm-l.jpg

• Like 14

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Would be particularly nice in the Mariannas , so when low on fuel i could squint and ask myself "is that an island , or a cloud shadow" ?

"Sweating it" is immersive 🙂

• Like 1

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

if you are happy with the cloud shadows on the sea in DCS right now, this thread is not for you bud...

En 16/3/2024 a las 22:52, Gryzor dijo:

I can see some shadows in your picture ... right?

Edited by Ala12Rv-Muscat

Sin-ttulo-3-zpskg9bm6js.png

5 hours ago, Ala12Rv-Muscat said:

if you are happy with the cloud shadows on the sea in DCS right now, this thread is not for you bud...

No, I´m not totally happy, but I prefer having those "semi-shadows" instead what they bring with 2.5.6 or first version 2.7 with NO shadows. Only reflections... I hope ED improves cloud shadowing over seas, at least with Vulkan or 3.0...