Introducing A Briefing Page Prior to Aircraft Startup

King39

I'm working on a campaign for the A-10C and one thing that I think would enhance the experience would be a preflight briefing page. It could be nothing more than a visual of the inside of an Ops Briefing/Mission Planning Room but would allow for an audio commentary of the upcoming flight with a text overlay. This would allow for, say, an Intel briefing or maybe a SERE briefing or even a Maintenance briefing prior to stepping to the aircraft which is the way its done in the (U.S.) Air Force.

I'm just drawing on my real-life Air Force experience but it just seems a bit rushed to go straight into these advanced simulations without the benefit of a "warm-up" in the form of an aircrew brief.

You could even make this page optional to the mission designer (in the Mission Builder) with a simple checkbox.

My $.02.

John

The new PICTURE action allows the mission designer to do something along those lines, you can combine it with the SOUND action and thus create a really nice briefing with photos and audio, not automatic but a creative designer can do a lot more now.

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB