Some information about APG-71 in the Doc

FWind

5 hours ago, illegal1984 said:

Way too much still classified about APG-71 because of digital processing components. Shared commonality in APG-70 and particularly hand-me-down modules in APG-82 and APG-79, make it a non-starter.

I disagree with the caveat that it would depend on the level of fidelity the developers are seeking to model.  ED are developing the APG-73 and APG-68 for the Hornet and Viper respectively.  Both radars are still in service and feature some classified modes of operation.

Edited by Blaze1

10 hours ago, Blaze1 said:

I disagree with the caveat that it would depend on the level of fidelity the developers are seeking to model. 

Which means it is a non-starter for HB.  They model their radars beyond what ED does, which is why the Viggen had a functioning AG radar for years before the Hornet.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spurts said:

Which means it is a non-starter for HB.  They model their radars beyond what ED does, which is why the Viggen had a functioning AG radar for years before the Hornet.

Not sure if it's as quick and dirty as that Spurts.  I think HB need a minimum level of technical information before they're prepared to model a system.  I could be wrong, but I'm of the belief that HB's minimum level can be reached before venturing into the classified domain.