DCS 2.7 Input folder location? All my keybindings are gone...

Pitufo

HI.  It's "possible" I may have done something unknowingly stupid in trying to fix this problem, but by my best recollection of the events, 2.7 installed, I tried it out, was super happy to see all my keybindings in place.  Then last night, I started it again, was super sad to see that they were all gone.  In 2.6 I learned to make a backup folder of all my keybindings in the "Input" folder in the SavedGames directory, which I update every time I make a change.  

Where is the folder I am supposed to copy and paste all my keybindings to located now?  I'm getting confused with so many windows open...  it used to be straightforward...  The only thing I've been able to do to get things to work was to individually upload in the sim the profile for the exact device one by one.  I don't want to go through setting all my keybinds again.  That was a lot of time and was still a work in progress.

Okay now this is just getting stupid...  All the other options settings work fine except when I go to controls..  I'll add a screenshot but some support from the developers would be appreciated because I spent a lot of money on this... It never listed exceptional computer skill as a requirement for enjoying the product.  Thanks in advance

The location hasn't changed and the controls shouldn't disappear after an update. The folder is still C:\Users\[your user name]\Saved Games\DCS.OpenBeta\Config\Input\ and that's where you should put your backup files. Or at least that's where they will end up if you load them using the backup one by one. No idea why yours got wiped out, though.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

thanks, but maybe I should be more clear on the problem.  When I go to the settings menus (push the gear icon) the controls page is just blank.  blank.  All the other tabs work such as the VR, Special, Graphics etc.  Also, while on the blank controls page I'm unable to click cancel or OK or the X at the top right of the screen for awhile.  Then eventually it will let me exit.  I don't understand.  Also, I just noticed that in DCS\savedgames\input some of the aircraft folders are (now?) different names?  For instance, in my saved games\dcs\input I have an "F-16C_50" and "FA-18C_hornet" like I always remembered them being but in my DCS\mods\aircraft folder they are called "F-16C" and "FA-18C"  Same with "A-10C II" and "A10C_2"  Is that normal?  I should also add that if I start a mission, not even my keyboard will work.  Can't even press Escape.  I'm not sure if this is something I mucked up myself or not because it was working just fine when it updated to 2.7.

Edited by Pitufo

1 hour ago, Pitufo said:

Also, I just noticed that in DCS\savedgames\input some of the aircraft folders are (now?) different names?  For instance, in my saved games\dcs\input I have an "F-16C_50" and "FA-18C_hornet" like I always remembered them being but in my DCS\mods\aircraft folder they are called "F-16C" and "FA-18C"  Same with "A-10C II" and "A10C_2"  Is that normal?

That is normal.

Your control files should be in C:\Users\Your Name\Saved Games\DCS.OpenBeta\Config\Input and then a folder for each aircraft with in there a folder for each type of controller ie keyboard, joystick (stick throttle, rudder go here, in fact all axis controllers), mouse....

You can rename the Saved Games/DCS folder and run DCS which will create a new one. You can then try and copy your backup over, try one aircraft at a time.

If not working maybe running a repair will make things work again.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Thanks, I tried that.  What the result was was that now in the controls page, all my devices show up, and the tab to select aircraft shows up, but there are no commands to bind.  So the page is accessible now, but empty.  Also after exiting it and going back the second time my screen went totally black with the music still playing.  It didn't seem like the game hung...  I dunno, this sucks.  Maybe I should have mentioned that I'm using Steam version I dunno.

EDIT:  yes verifying the files worked but takes forever.  

Edited by Pitufo

• 8 months later...
4 minutes ago, Steel Jaw said:

Do controller settings/bindings get saved automatically here or must I click on save ingame controller setup?

It's semi-automatic, of sorts.

You have two options of getting out of the bind screen — by cancelling out (using the cancel button or ESC) — or just exit normally. If you cancel out, any changes you've made will be discarded; if not, they're retained. But there is no real “save” button other than the ones for exporting the entire controller setup, and there are better ways of doing that in bulk anyway.

• Like 2

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

18 minutes ago, Tippis said:

It's semi-automatic, of sorts.

You have two options of getting out of the bind screen — by cancelling out (using the cancel button or ESC) — or just exit normally. If you cancel out, any changes you've made will be discarded; if not, they're retained. But there is no real “save” button other than the ones for exporting the entire controller setup, and there are better ways of doing that in bulk anyway.

Reason I ask I just reinstalled DCSW but saved my input folder and am not sure where it goes now.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

16 minutes ago, Steel Jaw said:

Reason I ask I just reinstalled DCSW but saved my input folder and am not sure where it goes now.

What @silverdevilsaid — that said, note that if this is a new windows install and not just DCS being put back, chances are that the device IDs for all your USB peripherals (that is, all your sticks and pedals and panels and whathaveyou) will have changed and will not match what your old files are called.

This can be remedied by simply renaming the files to match the new IDs, or by using the import function in the bind screen. The former requires a bit of work to figure out the new IDs, and requires some good file tools to make the best use of it, but it will massively save time if you have a lot of modules that have to be rebound. With a good bulk rename tool, rather than having to import a hundred different bind files to match five devices for 20 planes, you just need 5 rename actions to do it all in one go.

• Like 1

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

• 4 months later...
21 minutes ago, uniform said:

Where would the folder be if you dont have a Users > User name > Saved Games folder? I dont have a saved games folder, but know its being stored somewhere.

Saved Games is a standard windows folder, you should have one .. if you deleted it or moved it someplace else, then try at c:/users/your user/documents/my games/dcs/

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 1 year later...