New propeller tech for helicopters?

WelshZeCorgi

I had asked this very question a few days ago in the Huey forum, and BigNewy replied in that one:

On 4/9/2021 at 5:58 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Currently no, but the team are going to look into it. It depends how well the effect scales for larger bendy blades. 

thanks

Edited by Diesel_Thunder
  • Like 1

Aircraft: A-10A, F-15C, A-10C, A-10C II, F-14, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64, UH-1H, P-47, P-51D, Bf-109, DH Mosquito

Modules: Super Carrier, NTTR, Persian Gulf, WWII Assets

PC: MSI 990FXA Gaming, FX-8120 3.1 GHz, 32GB Patriot Viper RAM, GTX980 4GB, 27" 1080p curved Samsung monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Just took my first VR warbird flight tonight, and I have to say that I would greatly appreciate this new affect for the rotors. Far less distracting. I really hope ED is able to work some magic and make it work. Especially before for Apache. The new prop effect is really nice. Makes me wish I enjoyed flying  them. 😄😄

• 5 months later...

There is a new technology for Helicopters it is a HUBLESS ROTOR SYSTEM and it involves a MAGLEV arrangement for the shaft and SUPER ELECTRIC TURBINE POWERPLANT. The Rotor Blades tilt from servos. The whole unit is made from STEEL PLASTIC and for a Blackhawk weighs 75 kg. So sooner or later hopefully you guys will start finding out about the new technology. There is also a new Helmet System like the SCORPION Helmet but for Helicopters. Each pilot will have their own personal Helmet in each Air Force/Navy/ Marine Corps/ Coast Guard/ Private.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

On 9/23/2021 at 7:16 PM, SUBS17 said:

There is a new technology for Helicopters it is a HUBLESS ROTOR SYSTEM and it involves a MAGLEV arrangement for the shaft and SUPER ELECTRIC TURBINE POWERPLANT. The Rotor Blades tilt from servos. The whole unit is made from STEEL PLASTIC and for a Blackhawk weighs 75 kg. So sooner or later hopefully you guys will start finding out about the new technology. There is also a new Helmet System like the SCORPION Helmet but for Helicopters. Each pilot will have their own personal Helmet in each Air Force/Navy/ Marine Corps/ Coast Guard/ Private.

🤨

OP was talking about the new WWII propeller technology introduced with 2.7 (showcased here), that improves the visuals of propellers ofsome modules. OP was wondering if a similar technology could be applied to helicopters.

To which I say +1, hopefully there'll be a way to transfer the technology across.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV-2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, CA, NS430, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas, Caucasus

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/bG9bBc

On 9/23/2021 at 8:16 PM, SUBS17 said:

What? I'm lost....

@Topic: Yes that would be great, though I'd prefer an overhaul of the Hip as a priority.