New propeller tech for helicopters?

WelshZeCorgi

I had asked this very question a few days ago in the Huey forum, and BigNewy replied in that one:

On 4/9/2021 at 5:58 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Currently no, but the team are going to look into it. It depends how well the effect scales for larger bendy blades. 

thanks

Edited by Diesel_Thunder
  • Like 1

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

Just took my first VR warbird flight tonight, and I have to say that I would greatly appreciate this new affect for the rotors. Far less distracting. I really hope ED is able to work some magic and make it work. Especially before for Apache. The new prop effect is really nice. Makes me wish I enjoyed flying  them. 😄😄

If speed is death…, buy a Honda and live forever.

• 5 months later...

There is a new technology for Helicopters it is a HUBLESS ROTOR SYSTEM and it involves a MAGLEV arrangement for the shaft and SUPER ELECTRIC TURBINE POWERPLANT. The Rotor Blades tilt from servos. The whole unit is made from STEEL PLASTIC and for a Blackhawk weighs 75 kg. So sooner or later hopefully you guys will start finding out about the new technology. There is also a new Helmet System like the SCORPION Helmet but for Helicopters. Each pilot will have their own personal Helmet in each Air Force/Navy/ Marine Corps/ Coast Guard/ Private.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

On 9/23/2021 at 7:16 PM, SUBS17 said:

There is a new technology for Helicopters it is a HUBLESS ROTOR SYSTEM and it involves a MAGLEV arrangement for the shaft and SUPER ELECTRIC TURBINE POWERPLANT. The Rotor Blades tilt from servos. The whole unit is made from STEEL PLASTIC and for a Blackhawk weighs 75 kg. So sooner or later hopefully you guys will start finding out about the new technology. There is also a new Helmet System like the SCORPION Helmet but for Helicopters. Each pilot will have their own personal Helmet in each Air Force/Navy/ Marine Corps/ Coast Guard/ Private.

🤨

OP was talking about the new WWII propeller technology introduced with 2.7 (showcased here), that improves the visuals of propellers ofsome modules. OP was wondering if a similar technology could be applied to helicopters.

To which I say +1, hopefully there'll be a way to transfer the technology across.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

On 9/23/2021 at 8:16 PM, SUBS17 said:

What? I'm lost....

@Topic: Yes that would be great, though I'd prefer an overhaul of the Hip as a priority.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"