Spinner disappears when up close in F2 view

Sprool
Go to solution Solved by Art-J,

Spitfire Spinner disappears when up close in F2 view then reappears when you zoom out. In fact I also notice an issue with the spinner on the FW190 Dora, where (presumably) the LOD changes when up close to a general black one, and further away its striped or spiralled.

Pre-2.7 I never noticed the spiiner disappearing, or is it just a detail setting on my end?

For me, I noticed it happen to a Dora as well while I was watching it in F2 view.  Haven't had it happen on the Spitfire yet. Given it's happening to multiple planes, I'm guessing it's a DCS thing as opposed to a Spitfire thing.

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

They say its fixed in the Dora now, the above shot was taken after the last patch update and uses one of the default liveries in an instant action - free flight mission 

Did another quick check - full repair, problem is still there.

Edited by Sprool

• Solution

^ He did note it was one of default liveries.

Checked the same mission on my PC and the spinner is rendered OK at all zoom distances. You said you did a repair. Purged the old shader files after updating as well?

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 4 weeks later...